Morning Live Reporter/MMJ – KSLA – Gray Television – Shreveport, LA
Company: Gray Television
Address: Shreveport, LA
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 86 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KSLA News 12 is the aggressive, National Edward R. Murrow award-winning CBS affiliate serving the region known as the ArkLaTex. The station is the market’s leader in timely and accurate reporting of breaking news, investigative journalism, award-winning storytelling and First Alert Weather. KSLA News 12 serves its community on all on-air, digital and mobile platforms embracing the innovation of the industry. In the center of the ArkLaTex is the Shreveport/Bossier City metroplex where the best of Louisiana, Texas and Arkansas culture is combined to create a vibrant and comfortable lifestyle.
KSLA NEWS 12 is looking for a reporter to join our morning team who loves live and telling stories. We want you to bring your experience, creativity and storytelling skills to our multi-platform coverage. This Multi-Media Journalist is responsible for developing content for morning news and later in the day. You must have the desire and ability to uncover unique, enterprising stories and tell those stories in an engaging presentation.
- Report live for morning newscast daily
- Post to digital and social platforms daily
- Write scripts for broadcast, digital and social media
- Shoot and edit video
- Strong journalist ethics, news judgment and decision-making
- Strong organizational skills planning ahead and pivoting seamlessly
- Strong communication skills on-air, online, with the public and station colleagues
- Excellent live, demonstrative skills in day-to-day and breaking news coverage
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proven use of social media platforms in newsgathering process and presentation
- Work well as a team and independently
- Availability to work various shifts, weekends and holidays
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
At least 2 years of multi-platform reporting, shooting and editing experience is required. College degree in journalism or equivalent is also required.
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings and attach resume.