Morning Executive Producer – KSLA – Gray Television – Shreveport, LA
Company: Gray Television
Location: Shreveport, LA
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 86 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KSLA News 12 is the aggressive, National Edward R. Murrow award-winning CBS affiliate serving the region known as the ArkLaTex. The station is the market’s leader in timely and accurate reporting of breaking news, investigative journalism, award-winning storytelling and First Alert Weather. KSLA News 12 serves its community on all on-air, digital and mobile platforms embracing the innovation of the industry. In the center of the ArkLaTex is the Shreveport/Bossier City metroplex where the best of Louisiana, Texas and Arkansas culture is combined to create a vibrant and comfortable lifestyle.
If you love mornings, have the passion to lead and win… this could be the opportunity for you. KSLA NEWS 12 is recruiting for an Executive Producer to lead our morning team. The EP works with everyone on the morning shift to ensure the team is executing coverage consistent with our strategy and brand on all platforms.
- Execute daily strategic plans with staff
- Ability to adjust effectively on daily coverage plans as new content/breaking news develops
- Excellent writer/storyteller
- Script and story placement review and direction
- Superior news judgment and decision-making skills
- Team building, coaching, leadership and direction for all team members
- Strong communication skills with our news team and our audience
- Execute breaking news and First Alert Weather coverage plans
- Strong organizational skills
At least 3 years of newscast producing experience is required.
Previous experience as an Executive Producer and multi-platform content creation are a plus.
College degree in journalism or equivalent is required.
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings and attach resume.