The Health Safety Supervisor (HSS) is a medically trained team leader who acts as our on-set manager of the Health Safety Team. At Reel Health, we specialize in Health Safety guidance for production companies (TV, Film, and Commercials) whenever they are working outside their studios and are On Location.” This position is based at Film and Television production locations across the globe. The HSS is trained in COVID-19 response and medically based protocols. The HSS will be assigned to at least one location and will work closely with the Health Safety Team and set security to schedule and manage all Health Safety Team Members.
Health Safety Team Members
Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor all regulations, guidelines, protocols and policy/procedure relating to the safeguarding of cast and crew from Covid 19 (Infectious Diseases) are developed, implemented and maintained throughout physical production process (pre-production to wrap)
- Manage the on-set Health Safety Team; ensure team members are deployed appropriately on-set, tasks are delegated and completed, and safety protocol is being followed
- Participate in the recruitment process of team members for Reel Health (as needed)
- Oversee the performance management of assigned Reel Health team members
- Manage the procurement, distribution and inventory of personal protective and hygiene equipment
- Manage the pre-work health screening process established by the Production & Reel Health
- Manage the removal/return to work process of potentially infected cast and crew
- Manage the testing protocol established by the Production including; facilitating test scheduling, vendor interaction and account maintenance, managing appropriate notification to regulatory agencies and
- Production management on testing results as necessary
- Manage the hygiene, routine cleaning and disinfection of stages, equipment and workspaces, including procuring internal/external resources to conduct said services, and identify when hygiene and cleaning practice need to be amended or expanded.
- Ensure that initial training and ongoing education of cast and crew relating to Infectious Disease precautions and Production policy is conducted and validated. This will include education for new hires, transient workers, vendors, guests and extras/background performers
- Conduct periodic inspection of the workplace to ensure that Infectious Disease policy and procedure is being operationalized at the Production level.
- Work in conjunction with Locations Dept. to review and assess, both pending and secured, locations for Infectious Disease protection requirements and safeguarding.
- Work in conjunction with Production Department to identify appropriate Infectious Disease precautions are in place for pending production operations, including direct involvement/consultation on cast and crew scheduling, One Liner development and daily Call Sheets.
- Work proactively with Production Management and staff in terms of Infectious Disease safeguarding expectations and corporate deliverables.
- Possess strong English skills
- Must be adept in communication and customer service
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Must be familiar with technology (navigate a cell phone, tablet, and applications)
- Ability to learn Reel Health COVID-19 information and protocols once hired (provided by Reel Health)
- Must have reliable transportation. (Mileage reimbursement may be available in certain circumstances)
- Must have a smartphone (Reel Health App Access). Reimbursement is available
- May be exposed to infectious diseases and other occupational dangers
- Must be able to withstand physical and emotional stress
- Requires long periods of standing and moving
- Be able to wear required PPE for up to 12 hours or more per shift (face mask, eye protection, medical gloves, gown, safety vest, etc.)
- Be able to work in an outdoor environment (subject to change)
Education & Experience
- Minimum 3 years experience preferred working in a healthcare setting with a current license or certification (EMT, Paramedic, LPN, RN, Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner)
- Management/Supervisor experience required
- Must have a current CPR & First Aid certification
Job Type: Full-time