Camera Prep Technician I – Production Resource Group Llc – Metairie, LA
Company: Production Resource Group Llc
Location: Metairie, LA
Production Resource Group Llc
PRG is the world’s leading provider of services and solutions in entertainment and events. We bring industry-leading creativity, experience and technology to every project we undertake.
Our teams consist of the most accomplished experts, engineers and craftspeople working in theatre, film, tv, broadcast, concert touring, corporate events and hotels and staging. With 170 patents and over 70 trademarks, we are a company defined by innovation. And, through our network of 70 offices spanning five continents, PRG is capable of delivering for its customers anywhere on the globe.
The Camera Prep Technician I is responsible for the configuration and assembly of client orders and management of preps and crew needs on the prep floor. There is also responsibility for quality control of VER’s camera equipment. He/she will also assist in other departments as needed.
- Functions: Pull, Prep, Test, Return to inventory all equipment associated with the Camera Rental Department.
- Prep all rental inventory both in and out of REV.
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Accurately log in and out inventory.
- Process all paperwork neatly and without error.
- Identify all equipment and product by name and have a basic understanding of function.
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends when job requires.
- Must be able to work with people with a team mind set.
- Prepare equipment for shipping with proper wrapping and packaging techniques.
- Must be able to navigate through REV system in the event Rental Supervisor is out of the office.
- Oversee upcoming jobs and and ensure prep bays are allocated and Fulfillment of jobs will be completed on-time
- Set up or assist in set up of rental equipment for in house test and adjust or client demo.
- Maintain an organized safe work area while always adhering to Health and Safety best practices.
- Maintains a clean and organized prep floor, including prep tech tools, supplies and typical prep expendables
- Ensures that clients who are prepping have everything they need during their prep
- Prior experience as a Prep Tech or Camera Assistant desired.
- Good working knowledge of motion picture equipment. Experience with digital cameras such as ARRI Alexa, RED Weapon, Sony F55, Sony Venice, Sony Z450 Canon C300, 5D/7D, Panasonic Varicam etc.
- Willingness to work until job is done right, long hours if necessary
- Extreme attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask and the ability to work well under pressure
- Strong communicator, both on paper and over the phone and in person, as position requires frequent dealings with clients, outside vendors and multiple departments within the organization
- Good communication skills
- On set experience preferred
EEO and Disclosure:
PRG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. PRG is a drug-free work environment, pre-employment testing will be required.
This is a safety sensitive position and will require pre employment drug screening.
Production Resource Group LLC participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
PRG cares about the safety of our employees and applicants. PRG does not use chat rooms for job searches or communications. PRG will never request personal information via informal chat platforms or unsecure email. PRG will never ask for money or an exchange of money, banking or other personal information prior to an in-person interview. Be aware of potential scams while job seeking. For information on job scams, visit, https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/JobScams or file a complaint at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/.