Videographer & Editor – Volvo Cars – Rockleigh, NJ
Company: Volvo Cars
Address: Rockleigh, NJ
Want to join us on our exciting journey?
Volvo Cars is on an exciting journey, redefining the automotive experience by innovating to make people’s lives less complicated. We offer you a once-in-a-lifetime chance to make an impact in a company with unique opportunities to grow and make a true difference.
The Videographer & Editor will collaborate with the Creative Team within the Brand Marketing Department at Volvo Car USA. This person is responsible for supporting the development and execution of dynamic media. In addition, this role is responsible for managing and producing all in-house video and audio requests, including studio and remote shoots, live streaming events, podcasts, VO recordings and media hosting.
- Responsible for management and direction of auditorium and live streaming events
- Conduct video shoots both within the studio and remotely for internal and consumer-facing media
- Capable of executing direction, concepts or storyboards to align with the Volvo Brand
- Responsible for post-production of videos and audio, color grading, motion graphics, audio mixing and compression. Record, mix, and compress podcasts and VO recordings
- Manage all media hosting and storage
- Develop innovative ideas to improve communication efforts internally and to the public
- Lead in the execution of critical corporate, partner-facing or public-facing communication to deliver clear, compelling stories.
- Create a dynamic experience and message, as well as provide meaningful and actionable information, to both the internal organization and the public
- Manage the organization, calendar, and timelines for all content produced.
- A Bachelor’s degree from a top tier university within the discipline of film, media or television
- Minumum three (3)+ years of work experience within content creation, content editing, production
- A creative and visual thinker with a strong visual eye
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally and with a wide range of employees with different skill sets, and levels
- Strong ability to influence people to accept new ideas, Strong communication skills comfortable asking for feedback and or trying to move projects in different creative directions
- Self-directed, goal-oriented and flexible, enjoying working in a fast-paced environment. Proactive and able to anticipate deadlines, take ownership and keep the projects organized, and on-time.
- Understanding of why content performs well for certain situtaions, and adapts execution appropriately
- Outstanding proficiency within Adobe Creative Cloud (specifically Premiere and After Effects)
- Experience with audio engineering (equalization, mixing and compression)
- Experience with lighting (as a gaffer or grip)
- Robust and thorough understanding of the principles of videography, the production process, motion graphics design, and video editing and techniques. Ability to bring a project through to completion (including basic color correction and audio mix, as needed).
- Remain immersed in digital video industry and social space trends to respond to changes in the landscape by proposing new ideas and creative solutions
- Strong portfolio of photography and demo reel for videography
Who are we?
Everything we do starts with people. Our purpose is to provide freedom to move, in a personal, sustainable and safe way. We are committed to simplifying our customers’ lives by offering better technology solutions that improve their impact on the world and bringing the most advanced mobility innovations to protect them, their loved ones and the people around them.
Volvo Cars’ continued success is the result of a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive working environment. The people of Volvo Cars are committed to making a difference in our world. Today, we are one of the most well-known and respected car brands, with over 40,000 employees across the globe. We believe in bringing out the best in each other and harnessing the true power of people. At Volvo Cars your career is designed around your talents and aspirations so you can reach your full potential. Join us on a journey of a lifetime as we create safety, autonomous driving and electrification technologies of tomorrow.