Videographer/Editor, NJTV – Fixed Term – WNET – Newark, NJ
Location: Newark, NJ
Looking for a career where you can make an impact?
We recognize that hard work, innovation and creative excellence are the keys to our success. Your contributions will be both valued and respected. Whatever your level and responsibilities, you become an integral part of a dynamic and diverse team, dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of viewers across the country. On the air and off, in front of the cameras, and behind the scenes, everyone at WNET has the opportunity to grow and learn and make an impact on the world. Careers . . . with impact.Job Description
The Videographer/Editor is responsible for shooting and editing of video for news programs, live coverage, breaking news and other productions. The Videographer/Editor will work independently or as part of a team to create and edit pictures and sound which accurately and fairly represent the news, recording raw video and audio and turning it into finished product. Specific responsibilities include:
- Film and edit all video content, in studio and on location;
- Oversee pacing, flow and storytelling arc of all video content;
- Partner with Reporter/Producer(s) to conceptualize new ideas for video content;
- Oversee all aspects of location filming, including lighting and sound recording;
- Review all video content, ensuring that there are no errors before videos are finalized;
- Ensure that all names, titles and words that appear on screen are accurate;
- Oversee the distribution of completed videos to appropriate parties;
- Maintain assigned equipment, including, cameras, lights, editors and peripheral gear and initiatingrepairs when necessary.
Qualified candidates will be detail oriented with proven ability to respond quickly and creatively to new ideas, suggestions and stories. The ability to work collaboratively under tight deadlines keeping pace with fast moving shows will be necessary. Additional qualifications include:
- A minimum of 4 years video and editing experience; candidates with experience in television field production preferred;
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Premier Pro and Adobe Create Cloud Suite applications;
- Exceptional video skills visualizing and shooting concepts;
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to work early mornings & holidays, and cover breaking news;
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. and set / strike studio gear;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Bachelor’s degree and or equivalent in journalism, film/video studies & production.