Videographer (Camera Operator) – DRC Video Productions – Morristown, NJ
Company: DRC Video Productions
Location: Morristown, NJ
DRC Video Productions
DanceBUG is a young, innovative production company specializing in providing photography and videography for the dance industry. Additionally, DanceBUG offers a suite of dance specific software assisting with registration, scheduling, tabulation and video adjudication. DanceBUG services events throughout North America, Australia, South Africa, England, Mexico and Costa Rica. We value teamwork, innovation, passion, quality, security, integrity, and fun.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to meet new people in your field and be part of a team
- The chance to be part of a rapidly growing company
- The chance to travel across the United States – travel expenses covered! (Transportation, hotel, food)
- Frequent office events
- Competitive compensation– Up to $800 per event plus commission where sales were conducted
- Equipment and paid training provided, with ample opportunity for skill development
You will be travelling to dance competitions across the United States shooting videos of each dance routine. In doing so, you will need to:
- Operate the camera, capturing each routine throughout the competition
- Set up, test, and re-pack all audio and video equipment
- Troubleshoot any technical issues
- Upload and validate data
- Pick up and return equipment to our office at the designated date and time
- Be accessible by phone for pre-event video meetings
- Support the team when needed
- You are responsible for the quality of your product
- Sell dance media packages
Position Duration: January 6th, 2019 – July 31st, 2020 (Excluding Easter Weekend) Thurs. – Mon.
Position Location: Based out of our office in NJ, with opportunity for travel around the United States
- 1 year of experience capturing and editing videos required (dance, sports, concerts or theater preferred)
- University or College degree in a related field required
- Valid driver’s license and comfortable driving long distances
- Able to work long days
- Available to leave for events on Thursdays and return on Mondays for post-production between January – end of June 2020
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs
Application Instructions: To apply please send us a copy of your resume.
DanceBUG is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. If you require an accommodation to submit your application, please contact us. Only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.