Technical Project Manager – Audio – Production Resource Group – Secaucus, NJ
Company: Production Resource Group
Location: Secaucus, NJ
Production Resource Group
PRG is the world’s leading provider of services and solutions in entertainment and events. We bring industry-leading creativity, experience and technology to every project we undertake.
Our teams consist of the most accomplished experts, engineers and craftspeople working in theatre, film, tv, broadcast, concert touring, corporate events and hotels and staging. With 170 patents and over 70 trademarks, we are a company defined by innovation. And, through our network of 70 offices spanning five continents, PRG is capable of delivering for its customers anywhere on the globe.
The Technical Project Manager is Responsible for Technical Support; Execute required technical job functions on site with no additional support. Ability to act as a technical project or product lead; understanding of signal flow and Responsible for learning and effectively processing new information, technology, procedures and business practices.
Execution of on-site production; planning, logistics, directing crew and providing instruction, owning all aspects of job. Ability to present creative solutions to challenging requests – efficiently and economically. Technically prep and execute audio; troubleshooting and commitment to the technical success of each job. Contribute the development and completion of team action plans, consider the cost and benefit implications of actionplans and team activities.
Identify skills needed to perform job duties more effectively and work with management to obtain the support for training. Willingness to keep abreast of new technology and trends in the entertainment industry. Ability to research and identify new product offerings and services that will enhance the PRG brand and align with PRG standards and services to customers. Continued self-awareness and individual growth.
Participate in team meetings. Assist other team members; responsible for contributing to the success of the team, offer solutions to team problems; not complaints. Willingness to train other team members and participate in training programs such as; internship and apprenticeships. Take action to promote a positive team environment.
Communicates as necessary to achieve goals and maintain standards
Interfaces with other PRG/VER Depot Operations and Sales staff as required
- 7 + years experience in the production/entertainment industry.
- Proficient in at least Meyer, L’Acoustics, and d&b audiotechnik. Certifications preferred but extensive experience accepted.
- Must be extremely organized and detail oriented; able to manage multiple jobs at the same time.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills required.
- Self-managed; self-starter, resourcefulness and ownership of responsibilities.
- Decision making and critical thinking skills, ability to envision solutions and ideas.
- Flexibility to rising challenges, changing scenarios and ability to work under pressure.
- Proficient in project, task management, and collaboration applications. Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in company inventory software.
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal customers, clients and vendors. Critically evaluate solution ideas by considering date, precedents, and input from others, as well as your own personal experience and knowledge.
- The hours of obligation extend beyond the standard work day/week. The potential hire must be available at anytime, this includes the hours before and after work extending to the weekends. This position requires significant travel (estimated 60% of their work schedule) and be on job-site, as well as, available by email/phone. The job requires the person to have the capacity to handle challenging clients and a fast paced, deadline motivated work environment.
EEO and Disclosure
PRG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. PRG is a drug-free work environment, pre-employment testing will be required.
Production Resource Group LLC participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
PRG cares about the safety of our employees and applicants. PRG does not use chat rooms for job searches or communications. PRG will never request personal information via informal chat platforms or unsecure email. PRG will never ask for money or an exchange of money, banking or other personal information prior to an in-person interview. Be aware of potential scams while job seeking. For information on job scams, visit, https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/JobScams or file a complaint at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/.