Segment Producer, CNBC, Fast Money Halftime Report – NBCUniversal – Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Location: Englewood Cliffs, NJ
At CNBC, Segment Producers work within a show unit to pitch ideas as well as produce portions of a live 1- to 3- hour show.
Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and producing live and taped guest segments.
- Implementing work independently with guidance from Senior and Executive producers.
- Finding and booking compelling guests for the show, following booking protocols.
- Conducting pre-interviews of guests and, based on their responses, scripting questions for use by anchors and reporters.
- Handling any necessary travel logistics for guests
- Writing compelling copy and teases.
- Securing elements such as sound bites and video to support segments.
- Creating stock charts, lower-thirds, chyrons, dekos, plug-ins and coordinate graphic orders.
- Partnering with other departments as needed (such as Graphics, Tech Ops, Satellite Operations) to place and follow-up on requests.
- Developing and maintaining good relationships with financial and business news sources.
- Generating original guest ideas daily, tapping into a broad array of sources for ideas.
- Assisting the EP and Senior Producer in the production of the show during and after tapings.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2 years of experience booking and producing in a live television environment with demonstrated writing, research, and telephone communication skills.
- Must be able to be a team player and work very closely with the anchor of the program
- Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ—perks include free shuttle transportation, free gym, dry cleaning/shoe shine services, full-service cafeteria and more!
- Prior experience booking guests, generating ideas and producing segments in a top 20 news market, national platform, or business news environment is strongly preferred
- Successful candidates will be self-starters with a highly developed rolodex who can work effectively under daily deadline pressure
- Solid writing skills and editorial judgment are essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills combined with a strong sense of how to visually tell a compelling story are also important
- MBA, Wall Street/financial/business news background is a huge plus
- Proficiency with i-News computer system is preferred
CNBC Business News TV
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, and CNBC World, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to 410 million homes worldwide, including more than 90 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network’s 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC’s global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC’s highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC Digital delivers more than 55 million U.S. multi-platform unique visitors each month. CNBC.com provides real-time financial market news and information to CNBC’s investor audience. CNBC Make It is a digital destination focused on making you smarter about how you earn, save and spend your money by zeroing in on careers, leadership, entrepreneurship and personal finance.
CNBC has a vast portfolio of digital products, offering CNBC content to a variety of platforms such as: CNBC.com; CNBC PRO, a premium service that provides in-depth access to Wall Street; a suite of CNBC mobile apps for iOS and Android devices; Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice interfaces; and streaming services including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Samsung Smart TVs.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.