Accountable for the basic operations of all digital projectors. Maintain excellent presentation quality and seamless audio visuals for all guests in theater.
- Program and format weekly film content and build digital cinema packages.
- Input feature schedules in digital cinema servers and maintain clean and a safe projection area.
- Adhere to all company guidelines and standards for delivering company-wide programs.
- Troubleshooting, maintenance, and reporting of all projection/sound equipment, related issues, and operations.
- Day-to-day operations of the projection booth, including all required paperwork.
- Performing (or scheduling) daily theater checks, including show-by-show presentation checks by employees.
- Technical support of building equipment, including I.T and projection equipment.
- Providing technical support for special events, rentals, and programs (e.g., coordinating microphone systems, DVD or Blu-ray playback, PowerPoint presentation displays, etc.).
- Additional duties as determined by Management.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Previous experience is preferred or a minimum of 6 months experience in a theater or technology background.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with fellow team members and management.
- Ability to work a variable schedule, including weekends, and shifts from morning through late night.
- Position will require frequent standing, bending/kneeling, lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
IPIC Team Member Incentives:
- Flexible scheduling – full and part time shifts.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage; 401(k) Plan for those who qualify.
- Career growth potential.
- Free Movie Tickets and Discounted meals.
- Discounts through Life Mart and Tickets At Work.
IPIC Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer and provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations.