Production Assistant, CNBC – NBCUniversal – Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Location: Englewood Cliffs, NJ
- Assist CNBC Business News Show with the coordination of elements for daily Business program.
- Must be resourceful and creative in helping to deliver the program’s message, including use of clips, graphics, and props.
- Find background information on a wide range of business and financial news stories, using a variety of sources such as the Internet, newspapers, and magazines.
- Includes some administrative work/assisting on-air talent.
- Coordinate production requests for reporting appearing on the program
- Update and maintain certain schedules
- Research segment ideas and segment information as directed.
- Assist producers with story production and pre-interviews.
- Assist Executive Producer and Anchor on set.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a short term position with an estimated duration of eighteen (18) months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
- BA degree in journalism or business; or an equivalent degree
- Minimum 1 year of Production experience.
- Proficiency with content systems, especially the i-News computer system is preferred. Interest in and proficiency in social media a plus.
- Exceptional interpersonal & teamwork skills, exhibiting proven ability to work collaboratively, with individuals at all levels, and across all functional groups
- Self-starter and be able to make quick, editorially sound decisions while remaining calm under pressure.
- Ability to multi-task, and have experience working in live television
- Ability to work with others under tight deadlines
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong analytical skills
- Proactive thinker / self-starter
- Ability to take initiative
- Business news knowledge a plus
CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to over 400 million homes worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC’s highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries. CNBC also delivers content across a variety of digital platforms such as: CNBC.com; CNBC PRO, a premium service that provides in-depth access to Wall Street; a suite of CNBC mobile apps for iOS and Android devices; Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice interfaces; and streaming services including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Samsung Smart TVs. CNBC is a division of NBCUniversal, which is owned by Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.