Photo Studio Manager – Digital commerce – Ashley Stewart – Secaucus, NJ
Company: Ashley Stewart
Location: Secaucus, NJ
Ashley Stewart is on the lookout for a Photo Studio Manager. This person will produce all on-figure photo shoots while ensuring budgetary, scheduling and creative objectives are met. This role will gather and organize photography requests for shoot planning and balance creative requests against budget. In collaboration with the VP of Ecommerce, they manage estimates for all photo shoots– evaluating costs against budget, rate cards and minimum volume standards. The Photo Studio Manager will identify opportunities to optimize spend while upholding creative and brand standards.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and maintain excellent relationships with agencies, vendors, Freelance talent, Merchants and Creative team.
- Receive, and review incoming shot lists, compile and combine various requests based on photo direction, timelines and budgets. Facilitate communication of information; identify and resolve issues and discrepancies, maintain accuracy of shot lists throughout pre, post and shoot production.
- Work with merchants to acquire sample in timely manner, detailing outfits and ensure photography is completed and uploaded no later than two weeks prior to receipt of merchandise.
- Organize calendar for Marketing schedules to Include shoots, handoffs, etc.
- Create timelines for all creative projects to utilize as a project management tool.
- Collaborate in planning and production of photo shoots, pre and post-production meetings, ensure clear communication across photo crew and internal team.
- Schedule and attend style out and receipt meetings to ensure call outs are executed.
- Responsible for negotiating contracts and booking talent to include studio and catering.
- Serve as primary liaison between external vendors and internal creative leadership. Book photographers, models, prop stylists, hair & makeup, etc. Negotiate fees, services and terms to stay within established budgets.
- Manage and lead scouting of new talent, planning go-sees and ensuring new flow of talent to the Brand. Assist with look books and creating visual boards.
- Maintaining Internal Photo studio – support supply needs & space & organization.
- Attend all photo shoots to maximize studio time.
- Ideal candidates are highly passionate for photography, fashion, and the creativity involved in putting together the puzzle that is a successful production for each sales channel. You have strong relationships with a network of photographers, videographers and talent agents that you are ready to call on. You have an eye for good creative and a pulse on trends within the fashion/e-commerce industry. Most importantly, you possess a strong knowledge of best practices and trends in Production from your experience and are able to apply them using intuition.
- In this role, your ability to help motivate, oversee and execute projects within tight timelines is a must. This position requires a confident personality, and someone who is able to adapt and promote a happy work environment. You are energetic, organized and exceedingly calm under pressure.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of studio management or photo shoot production experience in retail industry, expertise in fashion retail preferred.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office, with advanced skills in Excel.
- Proven ability in managing 6-figure budgets.
- Must have financial acumen and ability to create and maintain a budget with frequent changes.
- Possesses project management strength – able to plan, prioritize, organize, and delegate work effectively.
- Ability to work with and develop relationships with vendors.
- A respectful & collaborative team player with strong communication
and presentation skills.
- A detail oriented & decisive multi-tasker who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is adaptable to change.
Who is Ashley Stewart?
Ashley Stewart is a global fashion and lifestyle brand that has propelled itself to be on the vanguard of social commerce. Since our founding in 1991 in Brooklyn, New York we have stood for uncompromising style, fashion, confidence & empowerment for women who love their curves. Today, we offer the hottest looks with 88 stores nationwide, a leading global e-commerce presence at ashleystewart.com, a powerful social media presence @byashleystewart and a growing multimedia and events arm at AshleyTV. Every year, through the Finding Ashley Stewart Tour, we travel the country looking to recognize women who embody the ideals of our brand: leadership, confidence, resilience, kindness & public service. Through AS Gives, we engage in programs such as the
Ashley College Tour to make long-term investments in the communities that have supported our brand for close to 30 years.
Why work at Ashley Stewart?
Ashley Stewart is truly a unique place to work.
We treat our employees like family and pride ourselves on a collaborative workplace in which everyone is treated with respect & has the ability to make an impact on the brand. You will be expected to roll-up your sleeves, but you will always have a seat at the table and an opinion that matters.
People are talking about us!
Jeff Barnett, former CEO of Sales Force recently had this to say in WWD: “The emotional connection a consumer has with a brand persists. REI, Ashley Stewart, Tom’s, Starbucks, Warby Parker, Patagonia – these brands represent something that their customers can relate to & it’s not low prices & free shipping.” As an emerging brand, Ashley Stewart continues to redefine retail and prides itself on outstanding customer engagement.
We have great friends.
Not to drop names, but have you heard of Loni Love, La La Anthony Whoopi Goldberg or maybe even KENDALL + KYLIE? Yes, we have great relationships with all of these amazing women. We carry collections by Whoopi, La La and KENDALL + KYLIE at ashleystewart.com and in our stores. Plus, not only has Loni Love hosted our Finding Ashley Stewart Finale three years in a row, but she has now collaborated with us on her first exclusive collection.
Wait, there’s more!
- Competitive salary based on experience level
- Top quality medical, dental, and vision plans
- A leadership team that embraces technology, creativity, and initiative
- Amazing employee discount program & sample sales
- Summer Fridays
- Surprise summer visits from Mr. Softee
- Employee Snack Bar
- A fun office environment with special events
- Weekly Yoga & Zumba classes
- Employee Shuttle Service
- Did we mention surprise summer visits from Mr. Softee?
So what are you waiting for? Apply now!