Multimedia Reporter, CNBC Digital Video – NBCUniversal – Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Location: Englewood Cliffs, NJ
CNBC is seeking a business news-obsessed Multimedia Reporter to join our growing digital video. This position is perfect for a writer/producer with deep understanding of consumer brands – from fast food restaurants to apparel to big box stores. Knowledge of industry and consumer trends is also preferred. The role includes pitching, creating and owning smart original projects, including spearheading episodic series to publish across CNBC’s digital platforms, including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. The multimedia reporter must be a team player, excited to collaborate with other reporters and producers on their stories as well.
Here are some examples of the content this journalist will be expected to create:
Why US Airports Are So Bad
The Rise Of Chick-fil-A
How Mega Millions And Powerball Jackpots Grew So Large
The perfect candidate is a talented shooter and creative editor, has a passion for visual storytelling, and thrives in a fast-paced news environment. Being comfortable in front of the camera and willingness to experiment with hosted content is a plus.
Editorial judgment, writing and editing experience are paramount. Finding unique angles, crafting sharp scripts and video content on deadlines is what this job is all about. Producing stories that could be controversial or sensitive will be part of the day-to-day. Writing articles to go along with the videos is also expected. This reporter is an ambitious journalist with solid reporting chops, interpreting data, finding compelling angles and he/she is skilled in coming up with creative headlines.
- At least 5 years of experience with all aspects of digital video production including scripting, shooting, editing, lighting, etc.
- Script and/or voice-over writing experience
- Mastery of DSLR cameras (Canon, Sony, Panasonic), Adobe Premiere, Photoshop and other industry standard equipment and tools
- Knowledge of multimedia storytelling and working knowledge of online publishing systems
- Highly collaborative and creative attitude
- Demonstrable organizational and time management skills and working well under deadline pressure
- Must be able to lift, carry and transport production equipment on a regular basis
- A sample of the candidate’s work will be required *please provide links when applying*
- Strong interest in innovative video storytelling and strategic thinking around social media
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours and travel
- Broad knowledge of current events, business, financial and technology news
- Sourcing and contacts in the business and technology space
- Bachelor’s Degree completed, or comparable professional experience
- Experience hosting and creating digital video series and explainers
- Skills in After Effects, animation
- Expertise in shooting with drones
- Interest in emerging social media platforms
- Willingness to explore other mediums such as podcasts or virtual/augmented reality
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, and CNBC World, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to 410 million homes worldwide, including more than 90 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network’s 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC’s global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC’s highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC Digital delivers more than 55 million U.S. multi-platform unique visitors each month. CNBC.com provides real-time financial market news and information to CNBC’s investor audience. CNBC Make It is a digital destination focused on making you smarter about how you earn, save and spend your money by zeroing in on careers, leadership, entrepreneurship and personal finance.
CNBC has a vast portfolio of digital products, offering CNBC content to a variety of platforms such as: CNBC.com; CNBC PRO, a premium service that provides in-depth access to Wall Street; a suite of CNBC mobile apps for iOS and Android devices; Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice interfaces; and streaming services including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Samsung Smart TVs.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.