Master Control Operator – NBCUniversal – Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Location: Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Work with a driven and highly motivated team to support the on-air operations of NBCUniversal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies.
As a Master Control Operator at NBCUniversal (NBCU), you will be responsible for all aspects of maintaining and ensuring the reliability of all NBCU Sports Origination Center channels as well as the monitoring and recovery processes for all News & Entertainment channels.
- Perform the duties of a live sports master control operator in a fast-paced environment, including manipulating commercial playlists, executing program/commercial/marketing changes, managing playlists, sending logs for reconciliation and maintaining the overall reliability and execution of live sports network broadcasts
- Monitor and maintain the continuity and availability for 8 Networks (including 20 distribution channels)
- Perform control room duties (Technical Director, Commercial Integration, and Associate Director) to support live events
- Perform ingest and quality control duties for on-air content airing on sports networks
- Work within a team environment
- Continue to exceed expectations in on-air reliability and customer service for all NOC clientele
- Ensure reliability of on-air schedules in a dynamic environment
BA/BS in related field
2+ years experience in an On-air broadcast environment with a proven understanding of live “on-air” broadcast operations execution
2+ years of experience in a live environment, specifically a strong background in executing live sports broadcasts
2+ years experience demonstrating an overall understanding & knowledge of the television production process, broadcast operations & news/sports/entertainment technical production requirements
2+ years of proven knowledge of switchers, routers, communications, ingest and automation systems
2+ years of experience in ingest and quality control processes
Extensive and significant experience, understanding and knowledge of digital broadcast and production technical systems, standards and processes
Technical experience with automated, real-time systems, digital video and audio troubleshooting and test techniques
Experience with work rules and scheduling
Additional Job Requirements
Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ
This position requires the ability to work any scheduled time, including nights, weekends and holidays to support the 24×7 on-air broadcast environment
Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and pressure situations
Proven leadership, high energy level, strong attention to detail and strong team skills
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to be flexible in approach, and respond well to pressure
A track record of meeting or exceeding performance expectations
Possess strong troubleshooting and process skills
Global Media Operations
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.