Health Care Reporter, CNBC.com – NBCUniversal – Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Location: Englewood Cliffs, NJ
CNBC Digital is looking for a health care reporter for our website to cover the industry’s biggest biotech and pharmaceutical companies, federal and state health policy, regulations and investigations as well as the tobacco and emerging cannabis industries.
The ideal candidate will be able to juggle both breaking real-time news as well as long-form features and executive profiles. The position is full time and based at CNBC’s headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J.
Responsibilities could include but are not limited to:
- Generating story ideas, breaking news and cultivating sources at high levels in the executive suites of the companies, federal and state governments, legal and investment communities.
- Covering breaking news with accuracy and authority in real time.
- Covering company earnings, corporate finance and other investment news that matters to our core readers.
- Writing long-form features, investigative projects, executive profiles as well as some video scripts.
- A minimum of three years of experience as a reporter, preferably covering biotech, pharmaceutical companies or health-care regulations and legislation.
- Proven track record breaking news and filing stories in a fast-paced, real-time news environment.
- Experience working and coordinating with multiple teams and across multiple platforms: social media, TV and digital video.
- The ability to perform in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment.
- Strong writing, reporting and social media skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including mornings, evenings, and/or weekends when necessary.
- Must be highly motivated, extremely organized, detail-oriented, and possess outstanding communication skills.
- Must be willing to work at CNBC headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J.
- Experience at a major online news site, daily financial publication or the business desk of a midsize daily newspaper.
- Passionate about internet storytelling and creating the best user experience online, with proven experience in a creative environment.
- Ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news.
- Knowledge of television production process helpful.
- Solid understanding of web standards, design and usability.
CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to over 400 million homes worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC’s highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries. CNBC also delivers content across a variety of digital platforms such as: CNBC.com; CNBC PRO, a premium service that provides in-depth access to Wall Street; a suite of CNBC mobile apps for iOS and Android devices; Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice interfaces; and streaming services including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Samsung Smart TVs. CNBC is a division of NBCUniversal, which is owned by Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.