Group Art Supervisor – FCB Global – Parsippany, NJ
Company: FCB Global
Location: Parsippany, NJ
The Group Art Supervisor (GAS) is responsible for the efficient operation of the business as it pertains to the art product. The GAS is a brand steward and creative leader, and must have knowledge of product attributes and keep abreast of clinical developments on accounts. The GAS mentors, supervises, develops, and oversees the work of all Art Directors, and consistently produces smart ideas.
- Bring and maintain knowledge and understanding of client’s products, their marketing objectives, and the promotional activities of similar or competitive products to evaluate work in light of current marketing environment. Understanding marketing plans including objectives and strategies and how success will be measured. Contribute innovative ideas and tactics appropriate to client marketing strategy. Participate in strategic and tactical meetings to develop effective campaign reflecting the clients objectives. Generate new and innovative creative strategies and ideas to meet creative objectives.
Creation and Execution
- Develop smart, single-minded ideas that are on strategy. Skillfully produce work across all channels. Work collaboratively with creative and account partners. Direct members of staff to ensure proper production of campaign elements.
- Review and direct creative materials with partners
- Evaluate creative strategy and execution of all new work
- Collaborate and communicate with team members in a productive manner to ensure goals are being met and to attain/maintain creative vision outlined for the agency
- Develop strong client relationships through participation in market research, presenting creative concept development, and strategic direction
- Align with creative leads to understand and support staffing needs
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Explores/develops/produces innovative and visually fresh concepts, in partnership with copy and account team, appropriate to the client’s marketing strategy within stated deadline and budget.
- Brings knowledge of clients’ products, their marketing objectives, and the promotional activities of similar or competitive product campaigns.
- Develops the creative rationale for each visual idea and its intended message.
- Defends strength of ideas while remaining open to alternatives and future directions that may be deemed more effective.
- Keeps current on the latest award-winning advertising, film and graphic techniques, industry trends, plus media and technology innovations.
- Incorporates and/or explores clients’ responses to presentation; creatively resolves questions and concerns.Execution:
- Manages and carries out photo shoots with support from ACD Art.Relationship Management:
- Ensures the account team members thoroughly understand the creative concepts so that they are prepared and committed to help sell the ideas to client.
- Coordinates and works with account management and copywriter in identifying and obtaining information needed to carry out assignments.
- Participates in all concept work for brands and new business pitches.
- Develops strong internal and external relationships with creative supervisors, art partner, and account counterparts.
- Actively listens and encourages an environment of open dialogue.
- Coach teammates by providing regular feedback, development opportunities, and training as needed to enhance team’s skills and performance.•Works with colleagues and vendors, including illustrators, photographers, retouchers, science bureaus, computer design staff, editorial department, audio engineers, film editors, integrated producers, creative technologists, user experience architects, production managers, medical directors, marketing strategists, and account executives to ensure highest quality product within specified deadlines.Business Management:
- Ensures that all materials required for production are available and meet correct specifications.
- Supervises and mentors art directors, senior art directors, and art supervisors on multiple brands.
- Helps set priorities and manages workloads so that assignments are completed within agreed upon time frames.
- Corroborates with production, ensuring quality work that is completed as designed, on time, without error and on budget.
- Maintains current knowledge of production personnel, photographers, illustrators, directors, and talent; recommends those that are best suited to achieving the desired results.
- Develops and participates in compelling and captivating presentations.
- Makes sound, timely decisions about final changes to work in progress.
- Demonstrates full understanding of Vantage/billing process and timely reporting of hours.
AREA OF STUDY
Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or Related Field
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
AREA OF EXPERIENCE
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Solid knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Is attentive and shows interest in the subject; Expresses ideas clearly and accurately
- Sees details, grades them against a pre-set standard and identifies flaws to monitor the quality of work and make any necessary improvements
- Ability to establish an effective demeanor and communication to influence one’s point of view
- Creates clear goals, identifies and finds the resources (e.g. time, people, materials) needed to achieve them, and schedules tasks so that work is completed on time
- Sets and manages priorities judiciously
- Is able to establish and maintain rapport and build relationships with another
- Delegates responsibilities and fosters a collaborative environment to work with others
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment to build and foster collaborative environment
- Shows interest in finding the cause of problems, looks for and chooses effective solutions and takes the necessary action to resolve them
For U.S. Job Seekers
It is the policy of FCB and any of its affiliates to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. EOE/AA/M/D/V/F.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Parsippany
Organization: FCB Health