General Manager – Production Resource Group – Secaucus, NJ
Company: Production Resource Group
Location: Secaucus, NJ
Production Resource Group
PRG is the world’s leading provider of services and solutions in entertainment and events. We bring industry-leading creativity, experience and technology to every project we undertake.
Our teams consist of the most accomplished experts, engineers and craftspeople working in theatre, film, tv, broadcast, concert touring, corporate events and hotels and staging. With 170 patents and over 70 trademarks, we are a company defined by innovation. And, through our network of 70 offices spanning five continents, PRG is capable of delivering for its customers anywhere on the globe.
The General Manager is responsible for managing both branch operations and branch sales including, warehouse, QC activities, and asset utilization, ensuring growth and profitability.
- Implement operational policies, programs and procedures.
- Lead change efforts to strengthen overall operations of branch.
- Coordinate with marketing on branch client/prospect programs.
- Monitor competitive activity and identify opportunities for growth.
- Ensure that all task assigned are completed on schedule and on budget
- Provide leadership and guidance in revenue growth, cost management and other financial areas.
- Conduct periodic financial reviews of branch and work with management team to ensure proper business planning procedures are followed.
- Prepare internal reports, including budget vs. actual analysis, cost vs. return analysis and other reports so staff can meet company goals.
- Lead the process for both annual and special project budgets.
- Establish and monitor compliance with purchasing policies and procedures.
- Develop, maintain and administer a sound organization plan; initiate improvements as necessary.
- With Regional Vice President, hire, promote, train, develop and motivate strong staff members.
- Communicate and implement organizational objectives, success criteria, and strategic initiatives.
- Ensure adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and appropriate business practices.
- Demonstrate examples of outstanding customer service and response.
- Convene and preside over meetings with functional managers; conduct regular staff meetings
- With Regional Vice President, manage human resource-related issues including recruitment, performance management, salary administration, progressive discipline, training and development.
- Create and maintain a positive environment, address employee concerns, facilitate team development, and implement training and development initiatives.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with clients.
- Understand local competitor strategies and approach.
- Recommend pricing structure relevant to market and location.
- Work with the Regional Vice President to coordinate renewal of existing contracts and share opportunities to acquire and develop new contracts.
- Conduct annual business reviews with Top Tier Clients, and provide prompt resolution of major location issues.
- Create and implement strategies to maximize asset utilization to location
- Prepare capital expenditure (capex) requests utilizing the appropriate model.
- 7-10 years of operations experience; Industry Experience a Must
- Sales management experience
- Equivalent experience: GM or Local Director
- BA degree, marketing/business preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to troubleshoot and execute other job functions with high attention to detail3
- Must have strong organizational skills and be able to prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Must be able to multi-task in fast-paced environment, under pressure, and time constraints
EEO and Disclosure
PRG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. PRG is a drug-free work environment, pre-employment testing will be required.
This is a safety sensitive position and will require pre employment drug screening.
Production Resource Group LLC participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
PRG cares about the safety of our employees and applicants. PRG does not use chat rooms for job searches or communications. PRG will never request personal information via informal chat platforms or unsecure email. PRG will never ask for money or an exchange of money, banking or other personal information prior to an in-person interview. Be aware of potential scams while job seeking. For information on job scams, visit, https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/JobScams or file a complaint at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/.