Director of Engineering, Frontend Web, CNBC – NBCUniversal – Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Location: Englewood Cliffs, NJ
- As our Director of Engineering for Web, you’ll own the technical strategy, execution and successful delivery of our portfolio of award-winning, market leading web sites, including CNBC.com, Make It, Deal or No Deal and others.
- Day-to-day, you’ll lead, guide, and motivate a team of tech-leads and their dedicated cross-functional Agile teams by communicating your web technology vision, setting goals and priorities, and collaborating regularly with partners, executives, and stakeholders.
Your Day to Day Includes:
- You’ll own the web technology platform and all aspects of the engineering, management, deployment (CI/CD) and most importantly its evolution
- You’ll provide hands-on technical leadership, participating in architecture design, code review, pair programming, and implementation of proven software design patterns
- You’ll ensure scalability of highly visible consumer-facing products and backend services
- Provide technical and non-technical mentorship to the teams
- Foster a strong, collaborative engineering culture on the teams
- Advocate and advance modern software development practices within the team
Who we’re looking for:
- We are looking for a dynamic leader who can mentor very experienced engineers and foster a strong engineering culture on their teams.
- You have opinions about what makes a good engineering culture and have experience hiring the best engineers and leading a team.
- You have a very strong technical background and be familiar with the complexities of developing web technologies at scale including CI/CD pipelines, caching, scalability and page performance.
- 8+ years of experience in software development
- Web industry and domain subject-matter expert and thought leader
- An understanding of software design, architecture, data-structures, multi-threading, testing, security, and performance
- You understand core technologies and engineering challenges facing consumer products
- Proven management, mentoring, motivating, and coaching experience
- Strong experience with Agile methodologies
- This position is located in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, which offers great perks and amenities like: free onsite fitness center, dry cleaning, gourmet cafeteria, massage therapy, ping pong tables, foosball and much more for our employees!
- New technology space with free shuttle service to/from multiple locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Hoboken and Jersey City.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO
- Universal Park Tickets and companywide discounts
- Active investment in skill-building and growth
- Volunteer Opportunities and many more!
CNBC Digital Technology and Product
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, and CNBC World, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to 410 million homes worldwide, including more than 90 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network’s 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC’s global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC’s highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC Digital delivers more than 55 million U.S. multi-platform unique visitors each month. CNBC.com provides real-time financial market news and information to CNBC’s investor audience. CNBC Make It is a digital destination focused on making you smarter about how you earn, save and spend your money by zeroing in on careers, leadership, entrepreneurship and personal finance.
CNBC has a vast portfolio of digital products, offering CNBC content to a variety of platforms such as: CNBC.com; CNBC PRO, a premium service that provides in-depth access to Wall Street; a suite of CNBC mobile apps for iOS and Android devices; Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice interfaces; and streaming services including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Samsung Smart TVs.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.