Director, CNBC – NBCUniversal – Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Location: Englewood Cliffs, NJ
CNBC, the world leader in business news, is looking for a Show Director. This person will join a team known for driving fast and actionable editorial content to air. The Director will be responsible for partnering with editorial teams to support CNBC Business Day programming on all platforms. A successful candidate will depend on the Director having strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to collaborate with internal constituencies ranging from the Newsroom to Technical Operations and Graphics teams.
The Director role includes the following responsibilities:
- Work closely with our editorial and technical teams to develop and execute on daily shows and special programming.
- Help to develop new and interesting ways of presenting CNBC content both visually and graphically. Support those concepts from rundown development through to on- air.
- Support show producers, in developing the structure of daily content in dynamic rundown form.
- Develop workflow models for live control room operations as new technologies like augmented reality are integrated into daily air.
- Communicate and collaborate with the studio teams show needs, blocking, camera configuration and configuration of studio sets pre and post air.
- Responsible for managing and ensuring standardization of all show and production elements, including rundowns, scripts, and effects.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of studio operations.
- Knowledge of automation platforms preferred.
- Be able to make priority decisions under extreme deadlines.
- Responsible for managing/optimizing team environment and present ideas and contribute to the editorial and creative process.
- Collaborate with producers and editors to package editorial concepts and content.
- Help to develop non television on – air talent anchors, reporters and producers to acclimate into CNBC.
- Working knowledge of Digital platforms, social a plus.
- Proven ability to execute in a live fast paced control room environment
- Experience in directing in a team environment and managing tight deadlines.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including evenings, early mornings, weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Familiarity with CNBC’s content, brand a plus
Comfortable and confident employing heavy influencing skills across teams/departments in order to foster compromise solutions.
Capable of handling projects with minimal oversight.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- College Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience as a Show Director in a live television production environment
- Proven experience in launching a broadcast or television program
- Strong knowledge and understanding of broadcast and production technology.
- Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ
CNBC Technical Operations
CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to over 400 million homes worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC’s highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries. CNBC also delivers content across a variety of digital platforms such as: CNBC.com; CNBC PRO, a premium service that provides in-depth access to Wall Street; a suite of CNBC mobile apps for iOS and Android devices; Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice interfaces; and streaming services including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Samsung Smart TVs. CNBC is a division of NBCUniversal, which is owned by Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.