Digital Media Specialist – Fairleigh Dickinson University – Teaneck, NJ
Company: Fairleigh Dickinson University
Location: Teaneck, NJ
Fairleigh Dickinson University
The Digital Media Specialist reports to the University Director of Information Technology Business Services. Functioning on a multi-campus basis, the incumbent is responsible for providing and/or overseeing the provision of a wide variety of basic and complex digital media services to the university community. Responsibilities include digital media support for classroom instruction, design and production of media for use in educational presentations, maintenance and security for digital media equipment, video capture and editing, audiotaping and editing, and maintenance of video archives. The incumbent also assesses media needs, makes recommendations for media usage, assists in development of projects, and participates in strategic planning for future digital media initiatives. The Incumbent will also serve as the primary web designer for the OIRT Division website, designing media, web, mobile applications and other future technology in accordance with University media guidelines
The Digital Media Specialist functions independently and assumes substantial project and systems administration responsibility; works closely with faculty, staff and administrators for day-to-day needs; and works closely with other Information Technology Business Services management, professional, administrative, and technical staff to coordinate digital media, web and mobile application related work and functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree in communications, electronic media or a related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
2. A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience which demonstrates a thorough knowledge of presentation and production systems including the design, operation and maintenance of complex electronic equipment used in film, television, audio and/or digital media production. Experience in higher education preferred but not required.
3. A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience developing functional websites and mobile applications
4. Possession of a wide variety of video production skill-sets, including lighting direction, video engineering, and camera operation. Familiarity with non-linear audio-visual film editing systems.
5. Thorough knowledge of digital media applications, all current applications and modern software will be expected to be understood.
6. Demonstrated ability and past experience to design and implement a mobile application from beginning to acceptance in the App Store
7. Demonstrated project management skills, past experience managing several projects simultaneously, achieving goals and deadlines.
8. Demonstrated ability to turn raw footage into a completed edited product
9. Demonstrated ability to procure content, either from self, online, procured or fabricated in house
10. Ability to interface and communicate effectively with non-technical personnel, administrative users, staff, faculty and students, as well as professional Information Technology staff.
11. Must possess strong analytical skills, excellent oral and written communicative skills, be a quick learner, self-motivated, patient, and be able to work in stressful situations. Initiative, creativity and decision making are required.
12. Ability to provide leadership and direction in planning for future digital media initiatives; and creativity in directing productions, converting ideas and concepts into an effective combination of audio and visual impressions.
13. Effective organizational skills to meet schedules and time lines.
14. Ability to work on several projects simultaneously and be flexible in work hour assignments.
15. Ability to prioritize and escalate problems for resolution.
16. Must be able to work flexible hours including occasional evening or weekend coverage, and work under time sensitive deadlines.
17. Ability to lift and carry equipment and supplies.
18. Valid driver’s license and accessibility to a car for travel between campuses.
19. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the background check.
Preferred Qualifications: Hours Worked
Posting Date: 01/08/2020 Special Instructions to Applicants: Application Types Accepted: Application for Employment