Dietary Aide – THE ACTORS FUND HOME – Englewood, NJ
Company: THE ACTORS FUND HOME
Location: Englewood, NJ
THE ACTORS FUND HOME
The Actors Fund Home, a 5-star rated facility, is currently seeking a Full-Time Prep Cook/ Server to join our team! In this role, you will help prepare ingredients for our cooks and serve appetizing and nutritious meals to our residents, employees, and family members. Our Dietary Department is a great group to work with and are valued by the staff and residents alike.
Come and work at our award-winning facility! In 2019, we were rated one of the best nursing homes by US news. We care about our staff and we show it by offering free meal, employee appreciation events for our staff and more. Apply today to make a difference in the lives of those we serve!
This is a Full-Time, benefit eligible position working a varied schedule. Hours: must be flexible.
The Dietary Aide will:
· Delivers and retrieves tray carts. Must be able to push loaded carts of various weights to 50 lbs.
· Washes pots & pans manually throughout the day.
· Sorts dishes and utensils for cleaning.
· Operates dishwasher. Makes sure proper dishwashing temperatures are maintained throughout each cycle. Makes sure all chemicals are in place.
· Follows cleaning schedules as assigned. Cleans various pieces of kitchen equipment.
· Removes garbage from kitchen area. Must be able to lift varied trash bag weights. Keeps trash cans clean.
· Assists with receiving and storage of food and supplies. Practices FIFO (first in, first out) in regards to storage of food items.
· Sweeps and mops all dietary area floors as scheduled
· Adhere to uniform standards and other policies and procedures of the facility.
· Practice appropriate safety measures to prevent infection, accident or injury.
· Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company’s discretion.
The Utility Aide will have a high school diploma or equivalency certificate with the ability to read, write, and comprehend English, and follow verbal and written instructions. Candidate must be able to pass the facility’s physical examination upon employment and annually thereafter, and be able to perform the essential job duties associated with this position, either with or without reasonable accommodation. The candidate must be able to stand and walk most of the day, must be able to climb stairs. Light to heavy lifting required. Must be able to withstand changes in temperature from going in and out of the refrigerator and freezers. Must be able to handle food preparation equipment as a well as abrasives and detergents used in sanitation duties.
The ideal candidate will also:
· Serv Safe certified a plus
· Be able to work in cooperation with other staff members.
· Be tactful and courteous with residents and relations.
· Have a high degree of personal cleanliness and hygiene.
· Have an understanding of, affection for, and a desire to work with the aging.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
This Utility Aide position will be based at The Lillian Booth Actors Home in Englewood, NJ. The hours for this position are 6:00 am to 2:00 pm or 12:00 noon to 8:00 pm with every other weekend off. The ideal candidate will be able to cover assigned shifts on a regular basis, including holidays, and should be available to cover vacations/call outs of other Dietary Aides on occasion. This position falls under the 1199 Collective Bargaining Agreement. Pay and benefits are provided as per union agreement.
Full-Time Employees are offered a benefit package including PTO, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Disability insurance, retirement plan, Flex Spending, Tuition Reimbursement and more.
The Actors Fund is a national human services organization that fosters stability and resiliency, and provides a safety net for performing arts and entertainment professionals over their lifespan. The Fund has been helping this community of professionals since its founding in 1882. In 1902, The Fund opened its first retirement home in Staten Island, New York which moved to Englewood, New Jersey in 1928. Today, The Actors Fund Home continues this tradition of care through our 149-bed facility which includes short-stay rehabilitation, assisted living, skilled nursing and accredited dementia care.
Owned and operated by The Actors Fund, The Home is a gold standard for senior care and a recipient of both U.S. News and World Report’s coveted “Best Nursing Homes in America” as well as the highest rating of 5 Stars from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
The Actors Fund Home has a proud history of caring for a wide variety of professionals in performing arts and entertainment, including designers, writers, sound technicians, musicians, dancers, administrators, directors, film editors, stagehands, actors and more.
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $12.00 to $15.00 /hour
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly