Desk Producer, CNBC – NBCUniversal – Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Location: Englewood Cliffs, NJ
- Produce stories for CNBC’s daily live Business Day programs.
- Work directly with CNBC correspondents to find and interview sources, develop visual elements and shoot and cut footage for live reports and edited packages.
- Find background information on a wide range of business and financial news stories, using a variety of sources such as the Internet, newspapers, and magazines.
- Assist reporters in the studio or field as required.
- Write news updates.
Contribute to CNBC.com and social media when requested
- Bachelor’s degree and working knowledge of financial and/or business news, political news, and hard news content
- 2 years’ experience in television production.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office and newsroom systems including iNews
Desired Characteristics :
- Willingness to learn new technologies.
- Wall Street/financial background a plus.
- Knowledge of video editing preferred but not required.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work under deadline pressure.
- Ideal candidates will be highly organized and accurate by nature.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills and an ability to work independently
- Ability to work early morning and late night shifts.
CNBC Business News TV
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to over 400 million homes worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC’s highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries. CNBC also delivers content across a variety of digital platforms such as: CNBC.com; CNBC PRO, a premium service that provides in-depth access to Wall Street; a suite of CNBC mobile apps for iOS and Android devices; Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice interfaces; and streaming services including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Samsung Smart TVs. CNBC is a division of NBCUniversal, which is owned by Comcast Corporation.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.