Cook Nursing Home – THE ACTORS FUND HOME – Englewood, NJ
Company: THE ACTORS FUND HOME
Address: Englewood, NJ
THE ACTORS FUND HOME
Come and work at our award-winning facility! In 2019, we were rated one of the best nursing homes by US news. We care about our staff and we show it by offering free meal, employee appreciation events for our staff and more. Apply today to make a difference in the lives of those we serve!
This is a Full-Time, benefit eligible position working a varied schedule. Hours: must be flexible.
Prep Cook/ Server responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer service to residents, staff, and families.
- Prepare and cook all meals to ensure adherence to recipes and quality standards.
- Set up dining rooms and serve residents meals.
- Help maintain a clean and sanitary dietary department.
- Wash dishes and clean the kitchen and dining rooms.
- Working on tray line during meal service
- Assist residents, employees, and guests with a broad range of dietary needs.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Prep Cook/ Server skills and requirements:
- Health care experience a MUST
- 1+ year of restaurant or healthcare cooking experience required.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Strong communication skills to interact with residents and staff.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic math skills.
- Selected candidates will be required to pass a drug test and background check.
Full-Time Employees are offered a benefit package including PTO, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Disability insurance, retirement plan, Flex Spending, Tuition Reimbursement and more.
The Actors Fund is a national human services organization that fosters stability and resiliency, and provides a safety net for performing arts and entertainment professionals over their lifespan. The Fund has been helping this community of professionals since its founding in 1882. In 1902, The Fund opened its first retirement home in Staten Island, New York which moved to Englewood, New Jersey in 1928. Today, The Actors Fund Home continues this tradition of care through our 149-bed facility which includes short-stay rehabilitation, assisted living, skilled nursing and accredited dementia care.
Owned and operated by The Actors Fund, The Home is a gold standard for senior care and a recipient of both U.S. News and World Report’s coveted “Best Nursing Homes in America” as well as the highest rating of 5 Stars from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
The Actors Fund Home has a proud history of caring for a wide variety of professionals in performing arts and entertainment, including designers, writers, sound technicians, musicians, dancers, administrators, directors, film editors, stagehands, actors and more.
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour
- professional cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
- Cooking: 1 year (Required)
- restaurant: 1 year (Required)
- Food Handler (Preferred)
- Store Discounts
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
Relocation Assistance Provided:
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- 8 Hour Shift