Assistant Web Editor, OncLive – Michael J. Hennessy Associates, Inc. – Cranbury, NJ
Company: Michael J. Hennessy Associates, Inc.
Location: Cranbury, NJ
Michael J. Hennessy Associates, Inc.
We are seeking to fill a full-time position for an Assistant Web Editor within our oncology division. This person will be responsible for assisting the digital team with producing content for OncLive.com in the form of articles, videos, podcasts, and more.
Duties include conducting video interviews with leading oncologists, writing and editing compelling digital and print content for the physician audience, and also assisting with special products with print production. The candidate will also be expected to edit videos and write various types of articles in a deadline-driven environment.
The highly organized, creative, reliable, and driven Assistant Web Editor will also be expected to travel to medical meetings to conduct professional video interviews and execute content-related strategies developed by the digital team.
This person is responsible for creating captivating editorial content of OncLive® and its associated digital and print platforms:
- Responsible for scheduling and lining up interviews with top physicians to use in articles, videos, and podcasts.
- Transcribing physician-based interviews conducted at medical meetings or other settings.
- Writing informative, interesting, and newsworthy content for OncLive.com and OncLive print supplements centered on topics presented at various conferences
- Edit compelling video content of physician-based interviews using iMovie
- Travel, approximately 15% to 20% of time, to medical meetings
- Responsible for developing strategies for OncLive On Air podcast and editing weekly episodes using GarageBand.
- Publish content daily to OncLive.com via content management system with SEO best practices in place.
- Minimum of a BA/BS in Communication, Journalism, Writing, English, or related field
- 1-2 years of writing/editing experience is preferred; knowledge of medical field/terminology is a plus but not expected
- Highly skilled with social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- Superb oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable with frequent travel to medical conferences, both domestic and occasionally international
- Basic knowledge of video camera equipment and ability to set up and film interviews preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Pays extreme attention to detail and is highly organized
- Excellent transcribing abilities
- Able to work in a fast-passed work environment and meet tight deadlines
MultiMedia Healthcare is comprised of premier platforms that range from animal health, pharma science and medical specialties. MultiMedia Healthcare is dedicated to delivering high quality, timely and trusted information through various resources that include digital and print platforms and live events. MultiMedia Healthcare is part of MJH Life Sciences, which has 8 offices globally. For more information, please visit http://www.mjhassoc.com
MJH Associates, Inc., provides health care professionals with information and resources they need to stay competitive in their practice and optimize the quality of care for their patients. We are the preferred source of health care daily news and information and are committed to launching innovative platforms and video programming. If you strive to be an expert in your field and thrive when taking risks, then our entrepreneurial, growing company is the place to be. We focus on achieving goals through teamwork and creativity in a fast-paced environment. The ever-changing health care communications industry requires us to stay ahead of the curve to create new ways of improving quality of life through health care communications, live events, and medical education. Our state-of-the-art corporate headquarters, located in Cranbury, New Jersey, promotes collaboration among employees to develop new ideas to keep MJH Associates, Inc. as the industry leader in health care communications. We offer our employees countless opportunities for on-the-job training and professional development, and the ability to make a difference in the health care industry. We strive to create a culture that values dedication, hard work, collaborative events and community involvement.
MJH Associates, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. All employees of MJH Associates, Inc. are employed “At Will.” This means that either the employee or the Company is free to end the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause and with or without notice.