Assistant Technical Director/Freelance Technicians – Morris Museum/Bickford Theatre – Morristown, NJ
Company: Morris Museum/Bickford Theatre
Location: Morristown, NJ
Morris Museum/Bickford Theatre
Bickford Theatre at the Morris Museum Assistant Technical Director
The Bickford Theatre at the Morris Museum is a 312 seat proscenium theater presents a variety of concerts, performances, lectures, educational presentations, children’s shows, and films.
The Morris Museum seeks an experienced stage technician to fill the role of Assistant Technical Director. The ATD will report to the Technical Director and the Curatorial Director of Live Arts. This part-time permanent position has potential for growth for the right applicant. The ATD will work on production management for upcoming Live Arts productions as well as rentals, anticipating technical needs and drafting production schedules and budgets. The ATD will work in tandem with the TD to execute several events weekly including lectures, films, concerts, dance, and multidisciplinary theatre. Broad stagecraft experience in carpentry, staging, rigging, lighting, sound desired. A good sense of humor and ability to work as part of a team under stressful circumstances is essential. Applicants must be able to work a flexible and varied work schedule that includes nights and weekends.
This is a part-time position for 20-30 hours/week. Hourly rate to be negotiated based on experience.
Also hiring theatre technicians for freelance positions.
How to Apply:
Send resume and contact information to Brett Wellman Messenger, Curatorial Director of Live Arts. The Morris Museum is located at 6 Normandy Heights Road in Morristown, NJ 07960. EOE.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $25.00 /hour
- Technical Theatre: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Hours per week:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks – learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Night shift