A Show Writer & Story Development Intern who will work within the department responsible for creating story experiences on the attraction, land, resort level, establishing themes, generating high concepts and creating written outlines, treatments, scripts in collaboration with project teams, with the ultimate objective to solve business problems and entertain and inspire the Disney guest.
- Generate story ideas developing them through research, outline, treatment, final script and SIGs under the supervision of a senior member of the Story Development team
- Brainstorm within show teams, generate notes from writers room sessions to support the story development team’s interactive process, and as requested, help flesh out the story of a ride, environmental and/or media based attraction
- Develop story, nomenclature and sign copy for supporting show and operational graphics, operational spiels, safety and show dialogue, and can include language translation
- Support company-wide internal and external communications
- Assist projects through research; organizing brainstormings; putting together mood boards; capturing and distributing meeting notes
- Proofread documents including detecting and correcting grammatical, typographical and nomenclature errors
Basic Qualifications :
What you bring to the role…
- Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines, while maintaining individual creative integrity; communicating effectively at all levels in all disciplines
- Complete competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Final Draft and Keynote
- Ability to research visual and written archival resources
- Experience as a staff writer and/or writer’s assistant in the entertainment industry
- Disney Theme Park experience
- Working knowledge of audio/video production
- Language fluency in a language in addition to English (such as written and colloquial Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, French, Cantonese and/or Spanish)
Required Education :
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or higher, or graduated within 6 months of the start date of this internship, in an accredited college/university, earning a Bachelor’s degree in Creative Writing, Playwriting, Screen Writing, Journalism, Communications, or a related field
Preferred Education :
- Graduate level education in Creative Writing, Playwriting, Screen Writing, Journalism or Communications
Additional Information :
College transcripts (official or unofficial) – Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the second tab “Applications”
- Select “Submitted Applications”
- Click on the title of the position for which you would like to attach the transcript
- Click the “Add Files” button
- Under what do you want to add, select Transcript
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Transcript
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program. Note: Once you have completed one consecutive year of employment on a Disney internship or program, there must be a minimum 13 week gap before the start of a new internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own housing and transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- The approximate dates of this internship are June 2019 through early January 2020. Candidate must have full availability for the duration of the internship.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.
WDI Show Writing & Story Development Intern – Glendale- Fall 2019 – Walt Disney Imagineering – Glendale, CA
Disney job in Glendale, CA
You may also be interested in...
- DreamWorks Feature – Production Supervisor – NBCUniversal – Glendale, CA ⧁ Scope of Position: The Production Supervisor is responsible for the tactical aspects of a department(s) ...
- WDI Show Writing & Story Development Intern – Glendale- Fall 2019 – Walt Disney Imagineering – Glendale, CA ⧁ Internship What we’re looking for… A Show Writer & Story Development Intern who will work within ...
- DreamWorks TV – Production Assistant – NBCUniversal – Glendale, CA ⧁ Production Assistant, TV (General). At DreamWorks Animation Television, our General Production Assistant supports the ...
- DreamWorks Feature – Production Supervisor – NBCUniversal – Glendale, CA ⧁ Supervises and coaches Production Coordinators and Production Assistants for that department. Primary production person ...
- Administrative Assistant – DreamWorks TV – NBCUniversal – Glendale, CA ⧁ Sub-BusinessFilm TV Production Support. DreamWorks Animation Television has an immediate opening for an experienced ...