VP, PHYSICAL PRODUCTION – Uninterrupted – Los Angeles, CA
Address: Los Angeles, CA
Founded by LeBron James and Maverick Carter in 2015, the mission of Uninterrupted is to empower greatness in every individual – from creators to consumers. We aim to inspire and ignite cultural movements and social progress by amplifying voices of the unheard through the creation of original brands, co-branded partnerships, multimedia entertainment properties and products.
We are looking for a VP, Physical Production that will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of production for series, miniseries, features, documentaries, short-form content, podcasts, events and experiential, production planning, crew staffing, scheduling, budgeting, production and post-production. The right candidate will support UN’s mission and values with best-in-class production output and budgetary efficiencies in mind.
In addition to managing the day-to-day operations, the VP Physical Production will work closely with the creative and other internal teams, ensuring the best possible production process. The position will employ the help of freelance talent and should have an extensive diverse and inclusive network of contacts to hire on a project basis. The ideal candidate will be a problem solver with a proven track record of running successful television shows, independent films and high-end nonfiction series and will have a complete understanding of production and post-production budgets.
General Counsel and General Manager, Production (GC &GM, Production)
- Lead the strategy for workflow, resource planning and team as well as physical production at UN
- Work closely with Development, Creative and other internal team(s) to successfully realize the vision of each show.
- Effectively communicate with Producers, Showrunners, etc. in the execution of their duties
- Work closely with-in the organization to manage each project efficiently from pre-production though delivery.
- Working with the finance department, draft and publish initial production budgets (including cash flow), schedules and planning documents
- For greenlit projects, oversee cost reporting, vendor and crew deal negotiations, tax rebate analysis, setting up any production offices and entities, payroll and any necessary guild, legal and insurance requirements.
- Supervise and continually monitor all aspects of productions and develop effective procedures and systems to keep productions running smoothly so projects are on-schedule and on-budget.
- Support co-production and reformatting efforts by partnering with co-production companies, third parties and acquisitions staff.
- Solve budgetary issues while maintaining the creative integrity of the program.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Provide daily supervision for Production Supervisors, Managers, and Production Coordinators for non-scripted and scripted programming.
- Review Production Reports, and Cost Reports on a daily basis
- Stay abreast of new developing digital production technologies and workflows.
- Able to travel both domestically and internationally when required.
- 15 + years experience across multiple facets of production from pre-production through post-production
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in a corporate production leadership role
- A strong understanding of the television production process and working familiarity with the various entertainment guilds and unions for film and TV including without limitation SAG-AFTRA, DGA, WGA and IATSE.
- Experience with quick turn Brand Partnership productions and proven experience building out a strategic direction and resource strategy for a scaling, evolving department.
- Proven track record of fostering, building and maintaining relationships with key external and internal clients.
- A high integrity level and a passion for, and caring about, the quality of programming that airs on the network.
- Experience building and working as part of a cohesive team.
- Flexibility and the ability to perform effectively under stress and meet deadlines.
- The ability to work at the strategic level as well as operating day-to-day activities.
- Extremely goal-oriented with the ability to prioritize.
- Excellent communications and relationship skills.
Uninterrupted (UN) believes that each team member makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities outlined in a job description. Therefore, this job description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the employee or the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each team member will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors and to pursue individual career growth.
LIFE AT UN:
UN strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. We are committed to equal opportunity employment and celebrate inclusion in all circumstances. As an employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere and a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for growth and development via work experience and offerings from our People Resources team and Learning and Development program
- Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, lunch and learns with industry (media, culture and sports) guests, volunteer opportunities, and more
- An attractive and competitive compensation package
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, parking stipend, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to an Executive Coach, retirement plans, Simple IRA with company match, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, fruits, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats… and daily lunch items stocked in our fridge and kitchen