Warner Bros. Pictures seeks a Visual Effects Production Supervisor for the Visual Effects department. Provides critical research and coordination to the Visual Effects department as outlined below:
- Generates and updates detailed Visual Effects breakdowns and budgets by reviewing scripts and storyboards and discerning appropriate effects related issues from the material. Coordinates materials (scripts, breakdowns, etc.) for distribution to Visual Effects companies for bidding. Further develops this information with input from the Senior Vice President, Visual Effects.
- In consultation with the Senior Vice President, prepares and reviews customized Deal Memos and new hire paperwork for VFX production staff.
- Analyzes Weekly Status Reports, Shot Summary Updates, etc. submitted by Production VFX staff. Distributes proper forms to VFX production staff.
- Maintains a weekly analysis of VFX costs reports and overage requests and completes a departmental weekly budget summary per project that details any additional expenses or savings and tracks exact number and types of shots.
- Reviews Visual Effects contracts insuring adherence to VFX policies pertaining to retaining assets, credit guidelines, etc.
- Acts as a direct project manager on shows that do not have a designated VFX staff assigned to them. Liaisons between production, editorial and vendors; tracks shots from shoot through final delivery; manages all aspects of effects budget.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating department databases with crew availability, vendor contracts and payments, and project financials, on a weekly basis.
- Works on special projects as directed by the SVP, Visual Effects, such as statistical analyses and emerging trends.
- Assists with video conferencing and VFX reviews.
- General office responsibilities including answering phones, setting up meetings, interviews, lunches, and travel for SVP, Visual Effects. In addition, submitting expense reports for SVP.
What do we require from you?
- High school diploma required.
- College degree preferred. Studies in the area of Film would be a significant plus.
- Mac skills required. Proficiency with Excel required.
- A thorough knowledge of the Visual Effects process is essential (from budgeting to final delivery of films).
- Knowledge of database programs such as Shotgun, Filemaker, Pix, Box and Aspera.
- Experience in estimating and production management of Visual Effects is essential.
- Diplomacy and discretion in dealing with sensitive issues and confidential matters are of paramount importance.