Videographer / Motion Graphics Designer – Skyrocket Education – Pasadena, CA
Company: Skyrocket Education
Location: Pasadena, CA
The Videographer, under supervision, coordinates and executes multimedia and video services for internal and external client base. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: video production for all video and multimedia products, from pre-production through post-production, acquisition of visual and audio material including recording digital content and client interviews, post-production (such as editing footage, creating highlight clips), camera operation, quality assurance, post-event archiving in digital and physical files for database. Travels to off-site event/video locations to ensure all digital media logistics and goals are met.
The prime directive of this position is to accomplish the goals of the Events & Communications Leadership Team which include: planning and managing events, communications, and projects of clients effectively, managing relationship with key stakeholders and clients smoothly, providing excellent service to client base through events and communications.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to the following:*
- Provides production and video services to all internal and external clients.
- Captures original footage, edits, and organizes footage to produce finished video and multimedia products.
- Organize footage (and other content) in a way that conveys client vision and creates compelling digital narratives.
- Organizes logistical operations for client digital media and ensures effective execution.
- Provides post-production services, including extensive video editing, color grading and correction, audio editing, design of motion graphics and audio elements, and streaming video authoring and encoding.
- Provides pre-production services, including coordinating video schedules, equipment rentals and contracts, and audiovisual services with vendors for smooth event execution and product delivery.
- Acts as a liaison between Events & Communications Team and clients, including stakeholders and organization’s employees; develop extensive networks of contacts to facilitate video coordination.
- Additional support of Events & Communications team, as required, including event coordinator and logistical support.
- Perform job assignments with numerous interruptions and constantly changing priorities; learn, interpret, apply, and explain policies and procedures; prepare and maintain accurate and complete records and reports.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Advanced or Comprehensive understanding of audio/video production.
- Strong background with computer programs and software, as well as video editing and production software such as Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Audition, Media Encoder, and Encore in order to edit and produce final products from audio and video footage.
- Strong ability to set priorities and manage workflow to fulfill objectives and goals according to deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Audio mixing to ensure clear, professional audio.
- Color correction to ensure optimal look and stylization.
- Graphics, titles and motion graphics when needed.
- Technical problem-solving skills, as needed
- Ability to efficiently and effectively perform a wide variety of video coordination activities and administrative duties, requiring independent judgment.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and organize details cohesively.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions; communicate effectively and with diverse personalities encountered in an extremely active office environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to travel up to 20% of the time.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred.
- Previous experience in video production. motion graphics and multimedia
*The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all inclusive. They describe the general nature and level of work being performed and/or represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the job. The Company retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.