Immortal Cinema is a film editing post production company based in Sherman Oaks / Van Nuys, CA, and seeking to fill the following (unpaid) internship positions for the FALL / WINTER / SPRING 2019 / 2020 Semesters. Only college students receiving academic credit will be considered.
- Assistant Editor(s) — Full or part time internship on Feature Films, Feature Documentaries, Music Videos, Commercials, TV Pilots
- Sound Design Intern– For interns looking to pursue a career in production and post production sound work including sound recording, sound FX, Foley work and sound mixing
- Development / Script Coverage — Full or part-time internship reading and covering scripts under development and pre-production with ICI. This internship also includes hands on screenplay writer’s assistant duties.
- Documentary Intern — Internship focus will be primarily on editing and developing Documentary Projects as well as other works of non-fiction. Part of ICI’s company mission is to produce socially conscious documentary projects that focus on promoting positive change.
- Camera Operator / Assistant — Part-time position on various shoots throughout the semester
NOTE: All interns will have the opportunity to join our crew on several ongoing productions throughout the semester for our current roster of Feature Films, Documentaries, TV pilots, Web Videos, Commercials and Music Videos.
The Ideal Intern:
- Intern MUST be earning college credit
- Is organized, thorough, accountable, dedicated, and professional
- Is based in Los Angeles for the semester, but not required.
- Remote Supervision is available if your school allows it.
- Car is not required
- Can work flexible hours from home including late nights and weekends
- Has a positive professional attitude and a passion for storytelling
- Respects Strict Confidentiality with a signed Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) which is required on all projects.
The Ideal Post-Production Intern:
- Has experience with Adobe Premiere CC and/or FCPX and/or Davinci Resolve (or has a passion to learn it inside and out!)
- Owns a MacBook Pro Laptop, high-powered PC, iMac, or Mac Pro Tower with editing software installed on it (if not, please still apply as we may be able to accommodate you)
- Owns an external hard drive with available hard drive space for projects (2-4TB)
- Can look through hours of raw footage and determine what shots/scenes are good
selections to include in a cut
- Has experience with (or an interest in learning) Color Correction
- Has experience with (or an interest in learning) Sound Design / Sound Mixing
- Has experience with (or an interest in learning) VFX and other editing software including Adobe After Effects
- Collaborates well with others currently attending your internship program (roommates who have worked together in the past are encouraged to apply together!)
- Knows Photoshop or Motion Graphics (HUGE PLUS but not required)
The Ideal Camera Operator Intern:
- Owns an HD camera (DSLR, etc.) and has solid camera operating experience.
- Has experience in lighting
- Is patient, professional and takes direction on set
Loves to shoot and edit what they shoot!
These internship positions are A HANDS-ON, CHALLENGING, PROFESSIONALLY SUPERVISED LEARNING OPPORTUNITY (and lots of FUN!)
TO APPLY, Please email the following items
1. A Cover Letter
2. Your Resume
3. Your school’s Internship Forms and/or information about their internship requirements
4. Your availability to intern and your earliest possible internship start date.
5. Your best contact info, please specify which email and contact number to reach you at
We look forward to reviewing your application. Thank you!
Job Type: Internship
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)