VFX Coordinator – CoSA VFX – North Hollywood, CA
Company: CoSA VFX
Location: North Hollywood, CA
CoSA VFX, Inc. is looking for a Los Angeles-based VFX Coordinator for its busy North Hollywood studio. Successful candidates should possess a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a VFX Coordinator in episodic television or feature films.
Our company is a fast-paced and highly collaborative production environment. Recent projects include Westworld, Gotham, Lucifer and Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D..
Successful CoSA staff are passionate about providing high-levels of organization and demonstrated ability to understand when to act and when to seek advice. Applicants with strong communication skills- verbal and written along with a proactive attitude and sense of humor are greatly valued.
- Take notes during dailies sessions and client meetings
- Coordinate and execute client ingest and deliveries
- Create bid documents from established templates
- Manage and mentor production assistants and interns
- Address questions (verbal and written) from clients, producers and other stakeholders
- Review shot tracking assignments and their status are up-to-date.
Excellent client relations skills:
- Able to distill client requests, especially when a client finds it difficult to articulate their need
- Extract clear and concise feedback from stakeholder to move the project forward
- Manage multiple client requests, understanding the urgency and importance of each request
- Project a calm, engaged tone when communicating with clients
Comprehensive teamwork skills:
- Demonstrated skill working face-to-face with artists and clients
- Collaborate effectively with other production staff working on the same projects
- Understand which team members to look to for answers and approvals
Strong organizational skills:
- Very high level of consistency carrying out high volume tasks
- Comfortable monitoring heavy email traffic
- Oversee the execution of client deliveries of all temps and finals
- Communicating information quickly and succinctly to stakeholders in-person as well as via e-mail and telephone.
- Express urgency without seeming abrasive or flustered
- Excellent grammar, spelling and written skills in general
- 2+ years as a VFX coordinator in episodic television, film or commercial projects
- Hands-on experience with file transfer technologies such as Aspera and FTP
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Proven ability to create detailed, comprehensive notes during dailies and client meetings
- Familiarity with Shot-tracking software; F-track a plus
CoSA VFX, Inc. offers a competitive compensation package including medical, vision and dental insurance as well as 401(k).
Please submit a cover letter with salary expectations as part of your application.
Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.