The Traffic Assistant is responsible for providing traffic support to the Estrella TV traffic department as well as interacting and supporting the sales team, news, Advertising & Promotions, and the programming department.
We are Estrella Media., the largest privately-held, minority-owned Spanish-language broadcaster in the United States, which owns TV and radio stations operating in top Hispanic markets throughout the country; parent company of the Estrella TV Network, one of the fastest growing television networks in the U.S. We are currently looking for talented and passionate people who want to grow with us.
- Provide order entry (new orders/revisions) of commercial contracts and material in OSI Traffic System
- Assist in paid programming grids
- Assist in contract copy
- Assist in maintaining accurate local program schedule & formatting in OSI
- Assist in maintaining commercial inventory up-to-date for 2 weeks
- Coordinate commercial copy for Paid Programming with sales management, advertisers & agencies
- Coordinate commercial copy for national sales with sales management, advertisers & agencies
- Ensure integrity of daily broadcast log & automation playlist for Broadcast program log
- Assist in maintenance of reconciliation on daily basis
- Daily interface with broadcast hub to ensure proper execution of broadcast schedule – Missing Material Reports, Day of Air changes, and Broadcast Process & Defect resolution
- Assist in maintaining programming grids updated, as back-up
- Assist in maintaining contract and broadcast files
- Assist in maintaining digital tape library
- Cross train for backup of other areas of traffic and continuity
- Back-up Traffic Manager and team for daily traffic instructions
- Communicate with various departments in a professional manner
- TV broadcast traffic and/or agency (1) year experience
- OSI experience
- Strict attention to details and accuracy
- Ability to meet and work in tight deadlines
- Be self-motivated, creative, with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to execute tasks with high degree of accuracy under tight time constraints and highly organized with great attention to detail
- Work well as a team, independently and other departments, staff, advertisers and agencies
- Excellent computer skills (must be proficient in using Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint); adept at maintaining databases and documents.
- College Degree in related field preferred, but not ncecssary
- Bilingual-Spanish and English, a plus
- Must possess exceptional communication skills
- Must be willing to work in Burbank, CA [no relocations]
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States
- Must be willing to work overtime, holiday or weekends on short notice
- Must be 18 years or older
- May periodically be required to lift (up to 10lbs)
- Must possess a valid CA Driver’s License with good driving record
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Estrella Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.