Title: Title Manager – Library and Technical Services – Project Hire
It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
Studio Operations is comprised of multiple disciplines related to the postproduction of our films. This includes localizing formats for global theatrical release, ensuring consistency and continuity in the voice and representation of our characters in media formats worldwide, ensuring secure delivery of films to exhibitors, retailers, and homes worldwide, converting of classic film content into digital formats, and managing of all Walt Disney Studios production and postproduction facilities (including sound stages and the Digital Studio).
The Walt Disney Studios Library and Technical Services organization is looking for a Title Manager to oversee new release management, account management, and process improvement. This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
Roles & Responsibilities:
New release management –
- Manage all aspects of a new release titles to ensure right the first time and on time delivery of orders to 115+ global retailers. This includes being involved and contributing on the localization strategy and planning efforts, tracking assets and getting all relevant assets registered into Delta, issue resolution, communicating to internal and external stakeholders the release strategy and being the expert on all matters related to the titles being managed. In addition, submit and monitor automated orders.
Account management –
- Being the lead account manager to both local and global accounts. This includes providing exceptional customer service, taking orders and translating them into executable jobs, vendor management, planning and managing a delivery schedule and using client systems per client requests.
- Tracks asset creation and availability/readiness of core materials to support distribution requirements for each digital execution event (pre-orders, launches, asset refreshes, marketing/sustainment campaigns, etc.)
- Teams with the Lifecycle Planning and Product/Marketing teams to specifically address requirements associated with global digital product configurations and digital distribution platform profiles (capabilities, limitations and development roadmaps); provides project support on specific initiatives, which may be title franchise, market and/or platform specific
- Support team with managing multiple digital storefronts (ie iTunes, Google) and ensure storefronts are properly propagated with the correct product configuration, information and availability dates.
- Monitor storefronts to ensure availed content is live and non-availed content is taken down the storefront
- Able to use multiple tools and systems to manage digital metadata
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal) with internal and external stakeholders
- Manage and track invoices, billing and budget
- Manage vendors SLA
Process improvement –
- Own key processes and metrics and continuously look for process improvement opportunities both form a workflow and systems stand point.
- Support process improvements for availing, collecting, formatting and delivering content assets in the digital space.
- Document standard operating procedures and recommend process improvement ideas.
- Ability to consolidate and understand data sets in excel
- Ability to help facilitate root cause analysis and gather data points to improve process
2-4 years’ experience in a professional capacity in related areas of expertise (e.g., post production or studio facility technical operations with knowledge of digital media tools. Subject matter expertise in EST/VOD/Digital distribution specifications, file and packaging formats workflows, deliverables and quality metrics
Up-to-date technical knowledge in A/V, digital media tools and technologies
Ability to anticipate and respond to client requirements in a pro-active.
Previous customer service experience and managing clients.
Previous experience in working with and managing vendors
Undergraduate degree in TV/Film, Business and/or equivalent work-related experience.