We are targeting a Temporary Senior Talent Relations Specialist who will be responsible for the effective operation of the Talent Relations department with heavy emphasis on maintaining background talent employment files for all Central Casting regional offices. This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires someone who can exercise good judgment and handle confidential matters with discretion and professionalism. This role will offer you exposure to projects that extend beyond a normal HR Coordinator role.
- Handles a high volume of communicate and correspondence from background talent.
- Manage and maintain background talent employment files to include: reported occurrences regarding attendance, client service issues, violations of company policies and procedures as well as state and federal law.
- Manage background talent disciplinary action process to include determining the appropriate disciplinary action: coaching and counseling, warnings, suspensions, remedial training and terminations.
- Respond to background talent concerns and complaints and client reports of potential and/or alleged unlawful conduct such as harassment, discrimination and unfair treatment by conducting internal investigations to include intake and witness interviews and analyzing data.
- Prepare investigatory reports and consult with the legal department with disciplinary issues.
- Review scripts and/or scenes for calls requiring nudity and/or simulated sexual situations and consult with Casting Directors, production and/or the studios regarding such requirements as appropriate and facilitate required consent forms as appropriate.
- Partner closely with Legal, Risk Management, Casting and department leadership to proactively address needs.
- Process and research requests for sick pay for California and New York locations.
- Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of casting processes.
- Other projects as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Human Resources.
- 5 year’s progressive experience in of Human Resources.
- Employee Relations experience, preferably in an entertainment, hospitality, retail or other service environment.
- Film/Television industry experience a plus.
- Highly flexible, able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive information in a discrete manner.
- Excellent client service / people skills- ability to work with many different personalities.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Supporter of company procedures and values.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment where time is of the essence.
- Quickly grasps new concepts and ideas and the willingness to learn new technologies.
- Ability to work productively on multiple projects simultaneously in a high stress and noisy office environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with superior attention to detail, and the ability to organize and express ideas clearly.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word & Excel, Power Point, WebEx, and Right Signature.