Technology Operations Supervisor – WGBH Educational Foundation – Los Angeles, CA
Company: WGBH Educational Foundation
Location: Los Angeles, CA
WGBH Educational Foundation
WGBH enriches people’s lives through programs and services that educate, inspire, and entertain, fostering citizenship and culture, the joy of learning, and the power of diverse perspectives.
The Media Access Group @WGBH (MAG) creates closed captions, subtitles and audio description for a variety of media clients, including PBS, commercial television networks, feature film studios and streaming entertainment platforms. As a wholly owned operating division of WGBH Educational Foundation, The Media Access Group is a pioneer in making media accessible for people with sensory disabilities since 1975. Today, MAG continues to be an industry leader partnering with the top content distributors, television networks and producers in the world.
Reporting to the Director of The Media Access Group – LA, the Technology Operations Supervisor is responsible for all technology operations of the Burbank MAG location.
- Support MAG production hardware, software and scheduling technologies including Burbank recording studios.
- Support all MAG Data IO resources and the management of digital assets.
- Liaison to WGBH Technology team to maintain an effective and efficient organizational structure.
- Manage WGBH and vendor content security policies to insure compliance.
- Identify and implement emerging technologies for next-gen closed captioning and audio description platforms.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Information technology background with preferred post production audio/video experience.
- Solid background in content and information security.
- Proven project management experience in new system implementation.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with self-direction.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with outstanding attention to detail.
- 5+ years of relevant post-production, production, or technology experience.
Bachelor’s degree required
WGBH is an equal opportunity employer. The community and audience we serve is diverse, and we wish to foster that diversity in our workplace. Toward that end, WGBH does not discriminate against individuals in hiring, employment or promotion on the basis of race, religion, color, sex/gender, gender identity and gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap or disability, veteran or military status, political belief, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.