Technical Operators – All Levels – Technicolor – Los Angeles, CA
Location: Los Angeles, CA
We are currently looking for a motivated and talented Tech-Ops to join our team at the LA studio.
- Provide general technical support for VFX and Color Correction projects.
- Prep Color Correction projects; ingest, transcode and conform footage via EDL.
- QC, transcode and deliver masters for final delivery.
- Sync assets to and from all MPC facilities.
- Create delivery packages using Aspera / Faspex
- Data management (Linux); restore projects / LT05
- Prep artwork for artists. (i.e. TIFF, TARGAS w/alphas, slate prep, etc.).
- Transcode and post WIP’s for client viewing.
- Provide render wrangling and Data I/O support.
- Set up remote viewing sessions for Color and VFX sessions.
- Support artists and producer requests as needed.
- Availability for evening shifts and on call weekend work.
The Moving Picture Company (MPC) is a global creative studio with a single goal: to create experiences that move people. With decades of storytelling experience, we are perpetually pushing the limits of what is technologically and artistically possible to tell visually stunning stories. MPC continues to lead in an ever-evolving industry, building authentic and long-lasting connections with audiences across all channels.
- A working knowledge of post production workflow (i.e. color science, editorial, camera types, frame rates, video codecs, compression techniques, etc.)
- Mac and PC proficiency
- Excellent communication skills with both clients and colleagues
Software experience requirements:
- DaVinci Resolve
- RedCine X Pro
- Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator / After Effects
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Adobe Media Encoder / Compressor / Episode / Quick Time Pro 7
- Microsoft Word / Excel