Streaming & Video Operations Coordinator – CBS – Burbank, CA
Location: Burbank, CA
Streaming & Video Operations Coordinator
CBS BUSINESS UNIT: CBS Interactive
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Staff
JOB LOCATION: Burbank, CA
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on  The Muse,  Instagram and  YouTube for an inside look into ‘Life At CBSi’ through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
If you have experience with Video on demand or live video streaming in app and website based products, then please apply now and take your career to the next level. Excellent communication skills, self-motivation, enthusiasm, a dedication to meeting deadlines and producing high quality results are a must. The candidate must be able to work independently, proactively gather consensus from multiple stakeholders, and be able to change tasks quickly based on shifts in priorities or urgent deadlines. This position requires nights and weekends shifts.
We are looking for quality individuals who take initiative, have pride in their work, enjoy both video on demand and LiveTV in a supportive team environment and want to have fun. We are actively seeking a Live Video Coordinator to act as a core member of the video operations team focused on OTT, Mobile and Desktop video products. You will work closely with Product, Project and third party vendors to ensure the highest quality video experience is getting to our end users. Every day will offer you new challenges in an environment where change is welcomed.
- Responsible for testing live streaming across all current and upcoming platforms.
- Identify video issues and relay valuable feedback to engineers.
- Work with third parties to coordinate on-boarding requirements and troubleshoot issues.
- Monitor Live video in products once released and relay any issues to engineers.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and organized appropriately.
- Take ownership of of the LiveTV experience, driving potential issues to resolution in a timely fashion.
- Work with support team to field customer issues that have been escalated to our team.
- Must be able to work weekends, nights and flexible hours to cover live events.
The CBSi Video operation team works on cutting edge technologies. This position unique that you will be working on industry leading platforms for both live tv and video on demand. This position will be responsible for QA of MVPD migrations, live tv station onboarding and day to day video on demand full episode QA. All tasks are key to the growth and success of CBS All Access.
What you bring to the team:
You have –
- Experience working in a media entertainment environment with multiple stakeholders and distributed teams.
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and challenged by accountability.
- Excellent internal client management and communication/ interpersonal skills.
- Passion for and knowledge of interactive technology and platforms required.
- Experience working with mobile technologies (mobile development, APIs)
- Experience with troubleshooting and diagnosing technical issues for streaming video.
You might also have –
- Experience with live streaming video or broadcast.
- Experience with video monitoring in a NOC or similar operations field.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled