Social Media Editor (Freelance) – Complex – Los Angeles, CA
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Complex Networks formed from the acquisition of Complex Media Inc. through a joint venture by Verizon and Hearst. Today, it is a global lifestyle brand and media company and one of the most influential voices in popular culture. Complex Networks’ digital channels, which include Complex News, First We Feast, Pigeons & Planes, Sole Collector and more, are the Top 10 publishers in the U.S. for social engagement on channels like Facebook and YouTube. A diversified and profitable media business with premium distribution partners such as Netflix, Hulu, Pluto TV, Roku, and iFlix. Complex Networks’ original content exemplifies convergence culture, exploring topics that span across popular culture from music to movies, sports to video games, fashion to food.
Complex Networks is looking for a stellar Social Media Editor to join the Social team. This person is responsible for running different accounts across Complex’s ever-growing verticals. You will help strengthen our voice and explore new platforms. We are looking for a go-getter and someone who will take our social channels to the next level.
- Create, curate, and manage all content published to the Complex Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Creatively and strategically optimize original editorial and video content for all social platforms.
- Collaborate with various departments across Complex about breaking news, features, and shows.
- Surface & pitch viral, breaking, and social-friendly content to our news team.
- Ideate and create original real-time content for all Complex audiences.
- Create and update our social calendar with events and future projects.
- Track and report metrics for social including engagement, interactions, and traffic.
- 1-2 years of social media experience with a publisher or brand.
- Positive, intuitive/proactive, and collaborative team player.
- Strong communication skills, proofreading experience, and decision-making skills.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends.
- Robust knowledge of current events + pop culture + sports + music.
- Possess a deep understanding of all social media platforms. (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok)
- Self-management skills + take charge attitude.
- Love memes.
Complex Networks offers an awesome casual work environment with a great team of smart, motivated, innovative and fun people. And our benefits are pretty good as well, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long term disability, generous time off and a 401k match! We hold tons of events throughout the year including happy hours and team building activities.
Complex Networks develops and distributes original programming for its channels and through output deals with premium distributors. The company cultivates content that spans across popular culture from music to movies, sports to video games, fashion to food, reaching the coveted 18-24-year-old male audience. In 2016, the company launched ComplexCon in Long Beach, California, to bring the “Internet to life.” The annual event attracts over 200 culture-shifting brands and over 60,000 digitally savvy attendees to the two-day cultural festival.