Secretary – The Walt Disney Studios
Company: The Walt Disney Studios
Location: Burbank, CA
The Walt Disney Studios
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, home entertainment releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings. This department manages all Studio Franchises globally including helping to develop and execute a coordinated holistic Franchise strategy across all brands including, Disney Animation, Pixar, Walt Disney Studios, Marvel and Lucas Film, while also incorporating additional data points into the Integrated Planning process. Collaborating with key stakeholders to drive more targeted development and delivery of our properties and campaigns. The Integrated Planning and Franchise Management team serves as a “One Stop Shop” of trusted business partners who educate, facilitate, collaborate, and communicate to elevate Studio intellectual property.
We are searching for a Sec IV to provide day-to-day administrative support to Senior Vice President, Integrated Planning & Franchise Management.
- Intensive Calendar Management: coordinate detailed travel logistics, understanding prioritization and deadlines for long-term planning, schedule and manage day-to-day meetings as well as calendar conflicts.
- Handle meeting coordination details including logistics, preparation, invitations and materials including WebEx & BlueJeans meetings and International conference calls. Including staying for early morning and late-night conference calls as needed.
- Arrange meetings or conferences by booking conference rooms, issuing meeting requests through Outlook and sending emails and coordinating handouts
- Field heavy volume of phone calls daily and maintain accurate phone log
- Screen and flag important incoming emails and calls to appropriate team members
- Filing of reference materials, background and overview information
- Preparation of all business-related expenses using SAP travel proxy role ensuring expense reports are completed and filed in a timely manner
- Regularly correspond with internal team members, and partners across the company including Marketing, Consumer Products teams etc.
- Handle SVP mail and FedEx requests, orders supplies/materials for team and process invoices
- Arrange detailed Domestic and International travel plans including itineraries, booking transportation, hotels etc.
- Other admin projects as assigned, including a detailed understanding of Excel/PowerPoint/Keynote based assignments.
- Assist in organizing and the shared documents, calendars and content
- Manage department calendar and distribution lists including vacation, International holidays, Release Dates etc.
- Assist in planning Studio Rollouts, large Cross-Company Strategy Meetings and International Conferences and Summits twice annually.
- Support Team and assist in creating Agendas for department meetings.
- Additional Duties as required.
Basic Qualifications :
- Maintain standards of strict confidentiality with respect to all matters and documents
- Ability to make independent decisions when handling sensitive and confidential information, while exercising good judgment and discretion when SVP is out of the office or in meetings.
- Extremely detail oriented and organized, with a strong ability to manage multiple high priority projects and appropriately prioritize work
- Proactively anticipate needs of SVP and manage office time efficiently
- Ability to maintain an efficient office, files, database, and information
- Friendly, easy-going manner to handle varied personalities, responsibilities and assignments
- Ability to multitask and deliver under tight deadlines with a calm, professional manner
- Excellent written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills to assure successful interaction with senior executives and filmmakers, as well as business unit contacts and key external partners
- Proven competency in general administrative skills including answering the phone, filing, etc.
- Excellent typing and spelling skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote, Apple Systems, WebEx, Google Calendar and Outlook for meeting requests and calendaring.
- Technologically savvy
- Flexible Hours and the ability to work overtime when necessary
- Team player – willing to work with other assistants and staff at all levels in support of the Integrated Planning & Franchise Management team in Burbank and worldwide
- Positive attitude and the ability to be proactive, resourceful and flexible
- Experience in the entertainment industry, ideally in marketing.
- Detail oriented with superior organization skills.
- Overall working knowledge with the SAP system desired.
- Team player – willing to work with other assistants and staff at all levels in support of the marketing team in Burbank and worldwide.
- Organized in thinking and execution to maintain efficient office, files, database, and information.
- Ability to multitask with urgency.
- Interest in International
- Can handle a high volume desk with important deadlines
- Experience dealing with different time zones including scheduling, calling internationally, domestic and international travel, etc.
- Disney experience
- Overall working knowledge with the SAP system desired
Preferred Education :
- Bachelor’s Degree
Apply to Secretary – The Walt Disney Studios