Rolling Stone: E-Commerce Writer
COVID-19 HIRING UPDATE: We have transitioned to a remote work model and are continuing to hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We appreciate this is unprecedented times and will work closely with you, taking into account your individual circumstances.
RollingStone.com is hiring an e-commerce writer to create shoppable content covering everything from consumer electronics, to outdoor gear, audio equipment, smart home devices and more. Assignments may range from updating product picks in our best record players or 4K TV article, to writing about the essentials to outfit an at-home music studio. You’ll also be writing in-depth reviews on some of the latest products to hit the market.
The ideal candidate will have experience writing e-commerce content as well as a demonstrated interest in covering consumer tech and electronics. Experience with affiliate networks and link tracking platforms preferred and is a major plus.
This prospective writer should be bursting with great pitches for product reviews and roundups that are a perfect fit for the Rolling Stone audience, while helping to expand the RS Recommends vertical with new areas of coverage. This person must also have the ability to create snappy copy that incorporates general SEO best practices. The ability to juggle multiple projects at once is key, as is the ability to turn around quick, concise articles timed to breaking news (I.e. new product announcements or launches).
We’re looking for a writer with a keen attention to detail who’s deadline-oriented and can create content start-to-finish in our CMS.
- Write and produce 10-15 pieces of shoppable content roundups per week, featuring the latest products that will resonate with the Rolling Stone reader
- Update existing content ensuring latest product launches and trends are reflected
- Work closely with the managing editor and e-commerce team to prioritize a mixture of content updates and new assignments while meeting daily and weekly deadlines
- Develop relationships with PR reps in the industry
- Attend local and national industry events, as needed, to offer live coverage
- Minimum of 2-3 years of professional experience in digital media, preferably in e-commerce
- The ability to work independently, extremely detail oriented and thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Successful and current relationships with key PR people in the market a plus
- An understanding of and interest in the latest happenings in the consumer electronics space
- Daily experience working within a CMS (familiarity with WordPress preferred)
- Proficiency with Photoshop or other image editing software
About Rolling Stone:
Rolling Stone, the number one brand in music publishing, has been the leading voice of music and popular culture for more than 50 years. The multi-media brand features the latest in music reviews, in-depth interviews, hard-hitting political commentary and award-winning journalism across many platforms including magazine, digital, mobile, social and event marketing. Rolling Stone provides “all the news that fits” to a global audience of approximately 60 million people every month and publishes over 100 pieces of content every day. Rolling Stone’s parent company, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is a leading digital media company, publishing, and Information Services Company founded in 2003.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit www.PMC.com.