PULSE Intern – VICE Global – Los Angeles, CA
Company: VICE Global
Location: Los Angeles, CA
ABOUT VICE MEDIA GROUP
VICE Media Group ( https://company.vice.com/ ) is the world’s largest independent youth media company launched in 1994 with offices in 35 cities across the globe. VICE Media Group’s portfolio includesRefinery29 ( https://www.refinery29.com/en-us ), the leading global media, and entertainment company focused on women; PULSE Films ( https://www.pulsefilms.com/ ), a London-based next-generation production studio with outposts in Los Angeles, New York, Paris, and Berlin; i-D ( https://i-d.vice.com/en_us ), a global digital and bimonthly magazine defining fashion and contemporary culture; andGarage ( https://garage.vice.com/en_us ), a digital platform and biannual publication converging the worlds of art and design
ABOUT Pulse Films
Pulse Films is an award-winning, independent, modern-day studio encompassing the development, production, financing, and distribution of cross-platform content for audiences worldwide. Pulse HQ is in London with offices in Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Berlin. Dedicated to creating moments of culture through innovative storytelling, Pulse Films operates under the following divisions: Film, Television, Branded Entertainment, Music and Commercials and digital.
VICE Internship Program
The VICE Media Internship Program provides a unique learning opportunity for individuals interested in careers in the media industry and related fields. VICE is seeking bright, creative, and hard-working interns to play pivotal roles across various departments.
During our 10 week program, interns will have the opportunity to learn more about journalism, production, design, editing, and more. Interns will also assist with a range of projects that compliment their career interests, gain industry relevance and exposure to the organization, attend workshops, socials, and networking events. Ultimately, VICE interns will work closely with our VICE staff and will gain first-hand experience of the day-to-day of one of the leading international youth media companies.
Pulse Summer Internship
We are seeking a bright and motivated Commercials Production intern to join the Pulse LA office this summer. The selected Production intern will work primarily within our commercials production department with occasional duties within other departments as needed. The Production intern will assist producers and executive producers with day to day tasks. This role will also be tasked with researching various production elements that are needed for a number of production projects. This role will have the opportunity to provide on-set support for any active production projects as well.
You have these
- Passion for production and creative artists in short form media
- Eager to discover and share exciting work by directors, designers, cinematographers, etc
- Experience with and able to conduct in-depth research and meet deadlines
- You are enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate college/university or have previously graduated high school or college and are currently enrolled in a continuing education and/or vocational program.
- You are 18 years of age or older
- You are legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- You are able attend the required Intern Orientation and be available to work in a full-time capacity (40 hrs/week) over the course of the 10 week program
- Submission Date: By March 28, 2020
- Consideration Date: March 28, 2020 – April 24, 2020
- Selections Date: April 25, 2020
- Internship Program Dates: June 15, 2020 – August 24, 2020
Working at VICE
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don’t just “tolerate” differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read theVICE Guide to VICE ( https://viceguideto.vice.com/ )
If the job should transition to a full-time employment opportunity, VICE offers comprehensive benefits including but not limited to trans-inclusive benefits, fertility benefits, and tuition reimbursement.