The Joe Lewis Company (JLC) is a full-service production + design + experiential team specializing in projects that bring people together and brands to life. Committed & creative, we’re a team of producers, designers, production managers, fabricators, painters and craftsmen helping influence branded, broadcast and live event experiences.
We are currently seeking a Production Coordinator – Special Events to join our team! The Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Production Department on special events and red-carpet arrivals, beginning with idea inception through planning, production, and strike. This position will report to the Director, Production Operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as primary point person to compile budgetary elements between Sales Executive, Technical Directors, Subrentals, Purchasing, Labor and other related entities.
- Coordinate city permitting, merchant surveys, event notifications and residential surveys when required for special event.
- Communicating the rental equipment and services contracted to all JLC services and departments to ensure all details of the event are covered when Producer/Manager is unable to do so or as required by Production Team.
- Scheduling and attending on-site surveys when Producer/Manager is unable to do so or as required by Production Team.
- Participating in event design and planning in all areas that affect JLC, including reading and interpreting blueprints, drawings and other plans
- Ensure that all appropriate paperwork – contact information, rental reservations, price quotes, contracts, insurance certificates, drawings, and permits are maintained.
- Coordinating outside contract services (logistics, security, caterers) when Producer/Manager is unable to do so or as required by Production Team.
- Working with the JLC Logistics Team to regularly confirm delivery/pick-up dates and times, crew needs, and the dissemination of pertinent information and changes related to the effective execution of the event.
- Attending and sometimes leading regular production meetings to communicate all upcoming events for appropriate workload delegation.
- Stays aligned on venue specific information and requirements while sharing updates with Production Team.
- Updating JLC Production documents and databases when applicable or required to.
- Assisting Production & Operations Manager in identifying and maintaining work priorities, time lines, deadlines and dissemination of support work load.
- Bachelor’s degree or Equivalent work experience
- Background in event planning, production, or similar capacity; preferably 2+ years of experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage time & multi-task under high pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with the respective local markets (including hospitality, theme parks, studios, gaming, schools, churches and theatres)
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well organized
- Superior customer service skills to deal with both internal and external personnel
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementation skills which allow the successful completion of Productions
- Strong technical skills including, but not limited to: Microsoft and Apple applications, Microsoft Office suite, collaborative team project software, and interpret VectorWorks drawings
- Knowledge in graphic design, printing, and/ or fabrication is a plus