Product Rights Management Intern – Summer 2020 – CBS – Santa Monica, CA
Location: Santa Monica, CA
CBS BUSINESS UNIT: CBS Television Distribution
JOB TYPE: Paid Intern
JOB SCHEDULE: Part-Time
JOB LOCATION: Santa Monica, CA
CBS Television Distribution is the preeminent company in television syndication. CTD produces or distributes 10 first-run series, including the long-running, critically acclaimed hits Judge Judy, Dr. Phil, Entertainment Tonight, Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy!, Inside Edition and Rachael Ray, and holds the largest distributed television library at 70,000 hours strong. CTD’s popular off-network product includes the CSI, NCIS and Star Trek franchises, as well as classic series such as Everybody Loves Raymond and Frasier. In addition, CTD handles the domestic television distribution of CBS Television Studios, CBS News, CBS Films and Showtime. CTD is a division of ViacomCBS. For more information, go to  www.cbstvd.com.
CBS Television Distribution is seeking a Product Rights Management Intern for Summer 2020. As an intern, you will assist the Product Rights Management department in a variety of duties including updating and maintaining internal databases, adding episode titles to Filmtrack, as well as providing administrative support to the department. You will also learn the business affairs process of managing IP products in the Entertainment sector.
- Key product data entry into Clearance Cache, which may require navigation of in-house systems.
- General clean-up and/or population of missing data in Clearance Cache for a myriad of products.
- Running Clearance Cache reports and a first-pass review of ad-hoc product list requests from the Sales team.
- Adding episode number cost record requests from Regina Livingston to Filmtrack.
- Adding episode titles and various metadata to Filmtrack and/or Clearance Cache.
- Ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Must be available to work at least 2-3 days a week.
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited college/university throughout the duration of the internship, preferably majoring in Business Administration or Legal Studies.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook).
- Must be organized, multi-task, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must pay strong attention to detail.
- Must have a professional attitude, understanding of the TV media model and landscape, and/or desire to learn.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled