Product Manager – CBS – Burbank, CA
Location: Burbank, CA
CBS BUSINESS UNIT: CBS Interactive
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Staff
JOB LOCATION: Burbank, CA
CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS, is the world’s largest publisher of premium digital content and a perennial top 10 Internet company. CBS Interactive’s brands span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
Properties include the websites, apps and streaming services of the CBS Television Network such as the CBS All Access subscription service, CBS News Digital platforms including the 24/7 digital news network CBSN, and CBS Sports Digital brands including the 24-hour streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ, as well as digital-first properties in key content verticals, including CNET, ZDNet, TVGuide.com, GameSpot, Last.fm, Metacritic and Chowhound.
Follow CBS Interactive on Twitter and Facebook.
CBS Entertainment is seeking a Product Manager focused on supporting efforts on CBS.com & CBS All Access, a premium online streaming service offering its subscribers the ability to watch CBS programming, live TV and original shows. We are looking for an experienced problem solver with the ability to lead discussions around design architecture, testing, and development of elegant solutions alongside teams that are comprised of researchers, data engineers, front- and back-end engineers, UX, designers, and QA analysts. You will socialize the performance of your product to stakeholders and internal teams so that everyone is working towards a common goal and for our users.
- Manage multiple projects from concept inception through launch.
- Collaborate and lead teams of developers, designers, QA, video operations, legal, and marketing to launch features.
- Translate vision, strategy, and roadmap into product definition, epics, and stories that can be communicated to engineering, QA and other cross-functional site stakeholders.
- Act as a business owner for web products throughout their lifecycle and work to resolve bugs or issues quickly and efficiently.
- Operate both independently and as part of a broader team; juggle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a results-oriented environment.
- Interpret usage data and develop reports and presentations analyzing product usage.
- Work with marketing managers to create growth and retention strategies.
- Be an in-house expert on web experiences; stay up to date on the latest streaming trends.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Works side-by-side with in-house engineers, design, and project teams in an agile development environment.
- Actively participate in efforts to optimize and grow the CBS All Access subscription service.
- Continuously test theories, iterate on testing, and socialize key findings from A/B testing and user testing.
- Collaborate with other product owners to develop a cross-platform best-in-class video playback experience.
What you bring to the team:
You have –
- 3+ years of experience in product management and directly managing a scrum team.
- Experience in online, mobile or OTT product management.
- Experience in video.
- Daily usage with subscription video services.
- Hands-on experience working within SCRUM or other agile development methodologies.
- Extremely motivated and detail-oriented individual who is energized by big challenges, works well under pressure, can manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and has excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
You might also have –
- Experience defining, developing, and managing experiments for A/B testing or user testing.
- Experience with wireframing with Sketch or other tools.
- Proficient in G Suite and MS Office.
- Experience working with video streaming technologies, CMS platforms, A/B testing tools, Omniture, and Tableau.
- You geek out about all things streaming technology and entertainment.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, technology, computer science, media or relevant fields preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Apply to Product Manager – CBS – Burbank, CA