Photography & Videographer – Internship – Seed House Project – Northridge, CA
Company: Seed House Project
Location: Northridge, CA
Seed House Project
Seed House Project is purpose driven house facility that aids and inspires homeless youth between the ages of 18-24 within the Los Angeles, CA area.
We are searching for a photographer/videographer Intern to capture our brand for marketing, social media, and event purposes. The spirit of Seed House Project is innovative, forward thinking and very much a creative collaboration between different departments. This is an internship for students as well as it’s an opportunity for someone who is seeking to add more images to their portfolio and seeking more experience. We are looking for someone who can create a wide range of high-quality visual content for our website and social media. Including product shots as we have a sister brand, Save A Penny, where create jewelry, home goods and more.
The Videographer/Photographer/Editor Intern will report to Executive Director and they will collaborate with all creative colleagues, and interact with Board Members and Board Advisors as needed.
*PLEASE SUMBIT A LINK OF YOUR WORK FOR CONSIDERATION*
Full Job Description
- Be a forward thinker/creative: conceptualize, storyboard, collaborate, coordinate logistics, capture videography, select music tracks and edit video for use on the university’s website and social media channels. The successful candidate will be able to perform all duties listed above independently and/or in concert with fellow teammates depending on the assignment’s needs.
- Support the Executive Director in securing locations, appearance releases, scouting and other logistics as needed.
- Serve as the principal source of videography for marketing materials including the SHP websites, mixed media projects, and more.
- Shoot, edit videos, and create motion graphics, animation and other special effects under the direction of the creative director and multimedia production manager.
- Follow creative direction and translate information provided within creative briefs into compelling, authentic videography and photography on behalf of the university.
- Execute a wide variety of videography and photography approaches including but not limited to: lifestyle, news, editorial, conceptional, studio, and special events.
- Understand and implement audio mixing, music mixing and sound effects. Provide color correction for all video content. Execute compression and encoding of video content for online use, Research stock footage and stock photo elements, as needed. Support the multimedia team via conceptualizing, storyboarding, shooting and editing videos, as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent video library and uploading finished projects to media channels with captioning.
- Maintaining our video media channels (YouTube, Vimeo) with video, descriptions and titles plus accessibility.
- Staying abreast of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines as it applies to videography and other multimedia assets.
- Effectively post produce videography and photography, support the edits of contracted photographers and videographers, and student intern photography/videography – as needed – in order to maintain a uniform look-and-feel of all USF visual elements.
- Assure the integrity and maintenance of university videography, photography and related equipment.
- Keep abreast of new creative executions, developments, and technology in the multimedia field.
- Demonstrated record of producing agency-quality, published visual content via an online portfolio.
- Advanced experience using the Adobe Creative Suite products with emphasis on Adobe After Effects, Premiere, Lightroom, and Photoshop.
- Substantial experience managing multiple projects with tight deadlines. Ability to troubleshoot, solve problems, and improve procedures with limited supervision.
- Highly-organized with a strong record of working independently, meeting deadlines and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a record of collaboration and teamwork.
Job Type: Internship
- videography: 1 year (Required)
- photography: 1 year (Required)
- One location
- Multiple locations
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Monday to Friday