Photo TA – New York Film Academy – Burbank, CA
Company: New York Film Academy
Location: Burbank, CA
New York Film Academy
New York Film Academy, Los Angeles, California
The New York Film Academy was founded in 1992 on the belief that a top-quality education in filmmaking should be accessible to anyone with the drive and ambition to make films. The school opened at Robert De Niro’s Tribeca Film Center in New York City, and has expanded worldwide to include campuses in New York; Los Angeles; Miami; Sydney, and Gold Coast, Australia.
The mission of the New York Film Academy is to educate students interested in the field of visual storytelling. NYFA courses have been designed to increase students’ creativity and technical expertise through an intense regimen of hands-on and classroom instruction. The Academy’s goal is to enrich its students as visual storytellers by helping them realize their personal artistic visions. NYFA’s expectations center on the growth of each student as a creative individual.
The New York Film Academy – Los Angeles Capmus is seeking photo equipment teaching assistants for several part-time positions. We are looking for candidates with flexible schedules that are available for at least 2-3 weekends of the month.
- Oversee the photo equipment room and checkouts.
- Assist the instructors in class with the gear or any questions
- Provide tech support and industry knowledge
- Drive a truck or a van to transport students and staff.
- Ensure safety of students and employees.
- Oversee students and ensure their proper technical and safe use of equipment.
- Offer technical instruction to students.
- Work as additional photo crew on certain student projects.
- Shoot photo events and edit images to be delivered.
- Pack and deliver photo equipment to and from locations.
- Facilities support.
- Equipment inventory assistance and/or assist with equipment orders.
- Weekend availability required
- Preferred experience working with equipment checkout and inventory software such as Filemaker
- Knowledge of photography and photography equipment.
- 4 plus years of photography related experience
- Good communication skills and customer service
- A positive attitude towards assisting others and the ability to share expertise and information.
- Ability to stay current in the field of photography and to obtain new skills using new technologies.
- Ability to use and maintain equipment and software pertaining to photography.
Please apply to this position via our website: https://www.nyfa.edu/jobs-at-nyfa/
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.50 /hour
- photography: 1 year (Preferred)