News Reporter – Liberman Broadcasting – Burbank, CA
Company: Liberman Broadcasting
Address: Burbank, CA
The successful candidate will be an enterprising newshound who is also a strong writer. Candidates should have experience in generating their own stories and delivering the news with engaging on-camera presence. Must have a solid understanding of issues affecting the local Hispanic market.
Estrella Media, Inc., is a leading vertically integrated, multi-platform, Spanish-language media company operating across top U.S. Hispanic markets. Producing over 2,500 hours annually of original TV programming at the Estrella Studios in Burbank, CA, the company is one of the largest U.S. producers of Spanish-language TV content. The company’s EstrellaTV Network is distributed through owned and operated TV stations, TV network affiliates and related digital media properties. The EstrellaTV programming catalog, consisting of over 7,500 hours of original Spanish-language television programming, is one of the largest libraries of content produced in the U.S. for the U.S. Hispanic marketplace. Additionally, Estrella Media is one of the most prolific developers and producers of Spanish-language radio talent and programming.
- Cover news stories as assigned and report the facts on newscasts, recorded programs and during live broadcasts, either in studio or on location.
- Present information on air both in the Los Angeles and other Estrella TV markets in a manner that connects with the audience.
- Collaborate with producers, and associate producers to generate interesting show topics that engage the interests of our viewers.
- Participate in information gathering, writing scripts, and lead ins.
- Edit or supervise the editing of video used in news stories and programs.
- Promote the Network, and the Company in community, network and station events and activities as requested by the Company.
- Conduct Studio, on air and/or telephone interviews with guest and viewers.
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of and comfortable discussing current news events.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a high pressure fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of the Spanish language marketplace.
- Fully bilingual: English/Spanish.
- Prior, related on-camera work in broadcast or web video production preferred but not required.
- Minimum 2 years previous on-air reporting experience.
- Communications or Journalism degree preferred.
- Must be willing to work in Burbank, CA [No Relocations]
- Must be willing to work long hours, holidays and weekends on short notice.
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Must possess valid CA DMV license and a good driving record.
- Must be 18 years or older.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Estrella Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.