News Camera Operator – Liberman Broadcasting – Burbank, CA
Company: Liberman Broadcasting
Location: Burbank, CA
The ideal candidate will have experience in lighting and recording technique in both field and indoor news broadcast settings. Must possess basic knowledge of sound and film language techniques and professional experience as a news camera operator.
We are LBI Media, Inc., the largest privately-held, minority-owned Spanish-language broadcaster in the United States which owns TV and radio stations operating in several top Hispanic markets, and is the parent company of the Estrella TV Network, and the fastest growing television networks in the U.S. We are looking for talented and passionate people who want to grow with us.
- Assembling, preparing and setting up equipment prior to filming, which may include tripods, monitors, lighting, cables, leads and headphones;
- Offering advice on how best to shoot a scene and explaining the visual impact created by particular shots;
- Practicing the camera moves required for pre-arranged shots;
- Finding solutions to technical or other practical problems;
- Being prepared to innovate and experiment with ideas;
- Working quickly, especially as timing is such an important factor;
- Taking sole responsibility in situations where only one camera operator is involved in the filming;
- Keeping up to date with filming methods and equipment;
- Creatively framing and capturing action
- One year of experience of News broadcast
- Experience with lighting, optics, and cinematography
- Ability to multi-task and work in a high pressure fast paced environment, usually with tight and changing deadlines.
- Bi-lingual skills (English/Spanish a plus)
- Some college preferred
- Must be willing to work in Burbank, CA [no relocations]
- Must be willing to work long hours, holidays and weekends on short notice.
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States
- Must possess valid CA DMV license and a good driving record.
- Must be 20 years or older
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. LBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.