AEG Company: Los Angeles Kings Hockey Club
Company Information: AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
AEG and the Los Angeles Kings’ seek a Game Operations Associate with a focus on our mascot, Bailey the Lion. The Game Operations Associate will work under the supervision of the management staff of the Los Angeles Kings Game & Event Presentation, Production, Operations, and Entertainment department. They will assist in the coordination and execution of all assigned aspects relating to mascot, live game, and event production.
Provide operational and logistical support to Bailey and the Game Presentation department during all LA Kings home games and scheduled events.
- Act as liaison between Bailey and potential clients
- Prep, manage, clean, retrieve and return equipment and props and other materials that will be used during the course of the game/event. Promptly communicate any problems, issues, defects, or feedback to production management.
- Maintain and care for costume.
- Provide creative assistance to presentation, skits, and related promotions
- Work with Producers and camera operators to frame and set up live promotions while coordinating with contestants, hosts, mascot, promotional team, and additional talent.
- Assist and participate during rehearsals, including: sound checks (anthem singers, host/emcee mics, communication devices, etc.), opening introductions, in-game promotions, intermission activities, ceremonies, special effects, performances, color guards, etc.
- Provide production and operational support to the Game Presentation department during all LA Kings home games and scheduled events.
- Promptly relay and communicate any and all information to the game Producer and/or Director should any problems/issues/changes to scripted elements occur. Relay subsequent response and any rundown and/or script changes from Producer and/or Director to the talent, Kings Ice Crew, contestant, and camera operators.
- Ensure all promotions and activities are accurately and clearly communicated and explained to any/all participants.
- Ensure any/all safety and other precautions have been taken regarding participants in all promotions and activities. Examples include providing and assisting with safety equipment, waivers, etc.
- Find/secure contestants as required; escort talent, guests, experiential participants, and/or staff as requested.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The Game Operations Associate (Bailey-focused) must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skill and abilities:
Must be proactive, organized, and resourceful with great attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, meet tight timelines, and work effectively in a high pressure and fast-paced environment
- Always Represent the LA Kings and Bailey professionally
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and ability to prioritize efficiently and quickly
- Outstanding customer service and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to professionally communicate and interact with all levels of management, staff, guests, children, executives, celebrities, players, VIP’s, etc.
- Available to work during regular office hours and/or event hours including nights, weekends and Holidays
- Flexible schedule; able to commit to 80% or more of LA Kings home games
High school graduate (or equivalent) or bachelor’s (BA/BS) degree, or current college student preferred
1-2+ years of experience working as mascot performer
- NHL/LA Kings knowledge and passion is a plus
- Previous Stage-Managing experience (college, AHL, NHL) a plus
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description