Manager, Video Production – Warner Music Group – Los Angeles, CA
Company: Warner Music Group
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Warner Music Group
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Video team at Atlantic Records .
Job Title : Manager, Video Production
A little bit about our team:
The Atlantic Records Video Department is responsible for the commissioning of music video and content productions. Producing videos for Atlantic and its partner labels, the department is involved in all aspects of the video production process, from concept to completion.
Why this could be your next big break:
As part of our team, you will commission music videos and create original content for a variety of developing and established acts.
Here you’ll get to:
- Solicit treatments for music video and alternative content productions as required (may include lyric videos, animated, live, episodic content, for example)
- Responsible for managing video budgets and timely delivery of final product.
- On-set attendance of all productions to ensure creative is executed properly.
- Liaise between label executives, band/management and director/production company.
- Identify and build a network of developing director and photographer talent.
- Maintain and nurture relationships with existing and new production partners.
- Execute small-scale photo and video shoots (b-roll, behind the scenes, etc.)
- Compile solicitation list and curate treatments for review by artists, management and key label staff.
- Work closely with the artist and label to ensure successful artist imaging.
- Attend edit sessions as needed.
- Ensure videos comply with network and legal standards. Successfully integrate product placement/brand partnerships when required.
- Liaise all matters with the SVP of Music Video & Content.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
- Must have impeccable creative taste.
- A resourceful and innovative problem solver.
- Ability to travel and attend video shoots on nights and weekends when required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in various stages simultaneously.
- Strong knowledge of all production and post production processes, formats and techniques.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Action oriented and tenacious.
- Strong knowledge of AICP budget format and crew rates.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to maintain composure in a high pressure, deadline-oriented environment.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Comfort with all musical genres and lyrical content.
- Work with integrity.
- Dedicated and committed team player.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- 3+ years’ experience in music video, film and/or new media.
- Understand photography and simple video capture and editing
- Desire for a career in music video and content production.
- A love for sight and sound at the highest level.
- Bachelor of Arts, majoring in Film, TV and/or New Media degree.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.